Everyone has their go-to sites for style advice. Modern Fellows is no exception, and has compiled a resource of what we consider the best resources for professional mens’ style — from A Continuous Lean to Putthison to WWD.
Yogi Berra once said, “you can observe a lot just by watching.”In the course of seeking out advice on mens’ fashion and style and then jumping into publishing Modern Fellows, I watched a number of men’s blogs and forums over the past several years. The quality and quantity of sites dedicated to making sure modern men are informed, well-dressed and confident continues to rise.
There is a symbiotic process underway where men are demanding more from designers and retailers in terms of quality and fit while brands, writers and bloggers are supplying the products, services and tools to make the whole process of dressing well more accessible and enjoyable.
The list contains the online forums and blogs dedicated to improving men’s style and professional wardrobe that have inspired and helped to inform the design and content you see here. Like this website, it focuses on those resources that highlight the entrepreneurs and businesses behind men’s fashion, spotlight affordable custom tailoring, emphasize American-made products, or cover style in the Washington, DC area.
This is not an effort to put together an exhaustive or definitive product. It’s a first cut at a directory that is hopefully long enough to be representative but short enough to avoid overwhelming anyone. That said, you don’t know what you don’t know, so while this particular post is static, the list is dynamic. Drop a line to suggest an omission from Modern Fellows’ list of the best menswear blogs of the moment.
Photo credit: flickr/shordzi
Other cool stuff:* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.