How important is that 55-inch television deal really? If you’re going to shop on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday or Cyber Monday, skip the mega-stores and go for a gift with a great story behind it. Here are some great options for places to find unique gifts for the man in your life —
Hugh and Crye
Washington, DC-based Hugh and Crye turns out amazing, uniquely-well fitting shirts, blazers and accessories, and historically has rolled out some great deals for Black Friday.
We’ve been sweet on Richmond-based Ledbury for a while now. Their shirting stands out and their accessories are interesting — and there are some deals to be had amid dearer items for sale. Their 30 percent off site-wide for the weekend after Thanksgiving helps.
Billy Reid has been through a remarkable journey over the past 15 years, and produces a thoughtful and attractive menswear line. Prices aren’t rock bottom, but you get what you pay for.
Etsy is a useful one-stop-shop for menswear accessories — particularly cufflinks, but also custom stationary, the occasional cotton tie, pocket square or pocket watch.
The list goes on
From Proper Cloth for amazing custom shirts and Italian-made accessories to Black Lapel for spectacular custom suits to Jay Butler for casual footwear and unique accessories to Detroit-based Shinola for American-made watches to Unsimply Stitched for wild and comfortable socks (where you will save 40 percent for Black Friday), options abound for great gift ideas.
For more ideas, see Modern Fellows’ list of where to shop for men.
Or rest your wallets and eat leftovers. Whatever you do, enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend.
Other cool stuff:* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.