The only thing better than Black Lapel custom suiting is getting a 25 dollar discount coupon.
It’s no secret that we’ve been sweet on Black Lapel custom menswear for some time. We first profiled Black Lapel’s co-founders in a September 2012 piece and followed that up with a review of our first Black Lapel custom suit, a charcoal-grey number that we concluded “feels complete, personal, and like a suit ought to fit — much more than the sum of its parts.”
In 2014, we chronicled how Black Lapel updated its fit and fabrics and produced a series of stunning short-run custom suiting options for its Fall/Winter collection. In 2016, after an embarrassing trip abroad, we were thankful for Black Lapel’s essential grey suit.
Other reviewers, including on Reddit, Styleforum and Yelp are similarly complementary of the gents at Black Lapel, and particularly the process of visiting their NYC showroom, where stylists will take your measurements.
Now Black Lapel is offering a 25 dollar discount coupon for Modern Fellows readers.
Other cool stuff:* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.