Get a glimpse inside the most recent guideshop from menswear startup retailer Bonobos in Washington, DC’s Shaw neighborhood.
Like their other neighborhood and national options, the Shaw guideshop offers a range of merchandise to touch and try on. Unlike traditional retailers, however, Bonobos doesn’t stock inventory onsite. Customers get to feel the merchandise. When you find something you like, you can order it in the shop and have it sent directly (and quickly) to you home.
Expect a range of the company’s signature washed chinos, along with a heavy selection of button-down shirts, suits and neckwear and a rotating cast of seasonal wear and accessories.
The staff is accommodating but not overly solicitous — ready to help but also willing to leave you alone if you just want to look.
Photos taken with permission.
Other cool stuff:* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.