Sad news to report in the DMV. Avenue Jack, which Modern Fellows profiled in October, announced it will close following selling off their inventory in January. The DC menswear shop opened in April 2015 and cultivated a loyal following, including a lucrative visit from actor Kevin Spacey, but none of it was enough to save the store.
Avenue Jack will be missed, and Modern Fellows looks forward to following founder and DC entrepreneur Scott Wallis’s future endeavors.
Other cool stuff:* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from interesting reads to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.