While Apple will occupy the first floor of the renovated Carnegie Library in Washington DC, and spent billions renovating the space, a fantastic new DC History Center on the second floor of the Carnegie Library is well worth a visit.
Exhibitions upstairs offer glimpses of old Washington, DC. Tucked inside, visitors will find a well-appointed gift shop that showcases products made by DC-based artisans and entrepreneurs as well as the stories behind the products.
Browse interesting accessories from DC-based artist Rose Jaffe along with paintings, jewelry, books, maps and more from a variety of entrepreneurs.
At the gift shop visitors can browse, touch and buy bags, cord keepers and accessories from DC’s Quavaro Artisans and learn more about the journey that took wife and husband team of Pial and Cesar from development professionals to DC fashion entrepreneurs.
Beginning May 11, 2019, visit the exhibits and DC history store on the second floor of the renovated Carnegie Library, 801 K Street, NW (between 7th and 9th streets at Mt. Vernon Square), Tuesdays – Saturdays, 10am to 7pm and Sundays, 12pm to 5pm.
Other cool stuff:* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.