Opened in the fall of 2011, Brooks Brothers’ Georgetown digs and staff are leading a younger, hipper refresh of the iconic American brand, featuring slim silhouettes and Thom Brown-designed, Made in America Black Fleece suits. Here’s a look inside and outside.
For years I shied away from Brooks Brothers, which was a little too preppy and whose dress shirts and suits were much too baggy for my tastes. The preppy is still there, as you can see from the pictures below, but the Georgetown store is a terrific spotlight on the slimmer silhouettes and refined style that Brooks Brothers has embraced in recent years.
According to staff at the Dupont Circle outpost, the bulk of Brooks’ slim-fit styles from stores in the DC-metro area were sent to Georgetown, including the entire Black Fleece collection. They have crafted an inviting space, complete with a basement pool table and bar, an outdoor patio and fountain, and a full kitchen (not pictured). While Brooks has no plans to open a cafe a la Ralph Lauren’s Rugby around the corner, it must make catering special events easy. I appreciate the hospitality from the staff there, who are clearly enthusiastic about the Georgetown concept.
Photos taken with permission.
Other cool stuff:* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.