August 30 marked the eagerly awaited opening of Dutch-based Suit Supply in Washington, DC. Their DC outpost, at 2800 Pennsylvania Avenue in the Four Seasons in Georgetown, is their third in the United States following entries into New York and Chicago last year. The company is preceded by a stellar online reputation — check out Yelp and Style Forum — and an impressive Wall Street Journal article, and has designed an attractive and welcoming space in the District.
Suit Supply bills itself as an affordable luxury. At the opening, Suit Supply Founder Fokke de Jong told Hollywood on the Potomac that, “We bring a very high luxury kind of product for a very attainable price.” He goes on to suggest that Suit Supply is able to do that because of its vertically-integrated operation. The company designs, makes and sells off-the-rack and made-to-measure dress shirts and suits direct to consumers, along with a line of coats, jackets and accessories.
Opening day was high-energy, with a large staff helping first-day traffic as caterers with wine glasses swarmed around getting ready for the opening night party. Staff were impeccably-dressed and cheerfully knowledgeable about the brand, most of them having spent some time training up in their New York store prior to opening. Have a look inside:
Photos taken with permission.
Other cool stuff:* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.