Richmond-based menswear brand Ledbury — a longtime favorite of Modern Fellows — has launched a permanent shop in Washington, DC along Cady’s Alley in Georgetown. Ledbury made the decision after a series of pop-up shops in Georgetown over the past several holiday seasons.
The online brand has put an emphasis on getting in front of potential customers through a retail outlet in Richmond and by participating in select projects such as Northern Grade. The small DC shop will serve as a showroom — similar to Bonobos’ outpost around the corner in Cady’s Alley — where customers can look through and try out the company’s line and place an order for fast shipment to their homes.
Their shop will also include Ledbury’s made-to-measure shirtmaking services. CEO Paul Trible said that he is, “especially excited to give D.C. access to our made-to-measure shirtmaking for the first time. This service was tailor-made for the Capital City.”
Ledbury officially launched the store with a party on Friday, April 29, and opened to customers on Saturday, April 30.
Trible noted that “Washington, D.C., is currently our second strongest market,” and he thinks it can be their first.
Ledbury, 3319A Cady’s Alley NW, Washington, DC 20007; Tel: 202 796 2626; open Sunday–Thursday: 11am–7pm, Friday–Saturday: 11am–8pm
Other cool stuff:* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.