Menswear start-up Suit Supply is launching a new luxury label to be featured in a speakeasy-style boutique attached to the company’s New York flagship location, head of U.S. operations Nish De Gruiter told Modern Fellows in an interview. An August 2013 launch is planned for the new shop, which will have its own floor and entrance alongside Suit Supply’s current location at 453 Broome Street.
The new label will feature suits with more luxurious construction and materials and will “delve a little deeper” into high-end details and hand-finishes, according to De Gruiter. Influenced by Japanese luxury fashion, the label will showcase exclusive fabrics and options such as full-cashmere suiting. Suits under the new label will start at around $1,000.
Suit Supply’s speakeasy shop will complement a major expansion of the company’s New York space. Renovations are underway that will add multiple new floors of retail, including entire floors dedicated to tailored clothing, casual-wear, and the company’s made-to-measure program.
In addition, Suit Supply will also continue to stretch out across the United States. The company will open its next three stores in Denver, San Francisco, and Seattle in the coming months, and also plans to enter the Dallas and Houston markets.
If the launch of the New York speakeasy is successful, De Gruiter suggested the company would evaluate whether to roll out the new brand and store concept to other major markets in the United States.
“You see there are guys that start with our blue line and purple line suits, and then move to the [Suit Supply’s more expensive] Suit Up collection,” said De Gruiter. “This is another next step.”
Other cool stuff:* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from interesting reads to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.