Now based in Long Island’s Nassau County, the company has existed in its current form since June 2014 under the leadership of Ricardo Goldschmidt (pictured below right), Harry Cedarbaum, Asher Weinberger (pictured below left) and Eli Blumstein, though it is an extension of a shirting business founded by Goldschmidt’s great-grandfather in Germany in the 19th Century.
Its multi-generational leadership preaches a “trifecta of manufacturing expertise + ambitious philanthropy + transformative technology” to adapt to the new digital age of retail. That ambitious philanthropy includes a program called Re Purpose, which encourages and facilitates the ability of customers to donate their gently-worn shirts to charity as they buy new shirts from Twillory.
While their focus is on fair-deal shirting (4 dress shirts for $199 with code STOCKUP), Twillory has also launched an attractive collection of ties. The impressive-if-so-far small selection includes several knitted ties and a diverse selection of stripes, dots and designs, including this bold Blue Polka Dot number that — at 2.75 inches across — is, in our opinion, the perfect width.
Photo credits: Twillory.com
Other cool stuff:* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.