Other retailers are crashing Amazon Prime Day by offering their own coupons and deals. Here are the best alternative sales to Amazon Prime Early Access 2022 for clothing, shoes, accessories and more.
In Search of Alternatives to Amazon Prime Day Sales
If you’re interested in shopping at Amazon during its prime day sales, the retailer will likely feature deals on its Prime Fashion brands for men like Goodthreads and Buttoned Down, discounts on its Prime Brands for Women like Lark and Ro and Daily Ritual, and markdowns from other innovative fashion brands available on Amazon.com.
In recent years, other retailers have stepped up to compete with Amazon during its Prime Day extravaganza. In the spirit of keeping track of critical deals like my favorite Black Friday menswear coupons and discounts, below is a review of discounts and alternative sales to Amazon Prime Day in October 2020.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2022?
First of all, Amazon Prime Early Access takes place October 11-12, 2022.
List of 2022 Alternative to Prime Day sales
A number of retailers are crashing Prime Day with sales to compete with Amazon’s annual event. Here are some of my favorites:
- Boden: Spend over $150 save 25% (Full Price & Clearance) Free Shipping and Returns Over $30 with code F7Y3 from 10/7 – 10/12.
- Nordstrom introduced New Markdowns to its Sale selection to coincide with Amazon Prime Day.
- Huckberry is one of the best one-stop-online-shops on the planet for men’s clothing, shoes, gear and gifts. Huckberry is having an excellent Get Out There Sale featuring discounts on a range of goods designed to get you outdoors.
- NAADAM: Sustainable cashmere startup NAADAM will offer 30% off recycled cashmere with code RECYCLED30 from October 11-12, and 25% off Cashmere Essentials using discount code ESSENTIAL25 on October 12. NAADAM is an excellent option for finding cashmere sweaters online.
- J. Crew is in the midst of a revival. Take 35% off with code SHOPEARLY during the Holiday Head Start sale. (Some exclusions apply.)
- GlassesUSA.com, an excellent option for trying prescription eyeglasses at home, has early Black Friday deals to coincide with Amazon Prime Day including 25% Off Ray-Ban, Oakley & Costa Del Mar sunglasses frames with basic Rx lenses with code ICON25 from October 10-11.
- Indochino – Take 15% off sitewide with code GET15 or get an extra 10% off clearance with EXTRA10 from this excellent omnichannel option for custom suits for men.
- Adidas launched an array of Early Black Friday deals. Look for discounts of 10%-50% off running leggings, trefoil crew sweatshirts, racer TR21 shoes, AEROREADY gear and Adilette comfort slides.
- Charles Tyrwhitt, an excellent source of stylish business casual outfits for men, dropped Early Black Friday deals: New customers: 15% off your orders. Use code NC15; Take $50 off your orders over $250. Use code TAKE50; Free shipping for orders over $75. Use code SHIPPING; Buy 1 chino get the 2nd one 50% off. Use code CHINO; Buy 2 or more sweaters and get 20% off. Use code SWEATERS; Take 20% off outerwear and shoes. Use code SPECIAL.
- Gap has 60% off limited time deals and sale styles. Gap will also host an Early Black Friday deal October 14-17. Take 50% off your purchase when using a Gap Inc. Credit card October 14-17 with code GGRDEALS. Some exclusions apply.
- Todd Snyder, who maintains an amazing flagship store alongside Madison Square Park in New York, has a fabulous group of menswear products on sale.
- Allen Edmonds is having a “Rediscover America” sale with up to 40% shoes and more.
- Best Buy is having a 48-hour flash sale to compete with Amazon Prime Day.
- Walmart is hosting a “Rollbacks and More” event.
- Target’s Early Black Friday Deals are live.
- Kohls 2-day “Deal Dash” savings event is live.
- Kay Jewelers hosts a “Black Friday Early Access Sale” with 25-50% off everything from October 7-12.
The 2019 origins of alternative sales during Amazon Prime Day: #crashingprimeday
In 2019, Amazon Prime Days were held July 15 and 16, during peak summer sales season. Brands including Nordstrom to Prana were having stellar sales at the time (likely planned independently of Amazon Prime Day).
But major brands including eBay and Walmart took the opportunity to position counter-sales to compete directly with Amazon’s Prime Day.
In 2019, eBay was #Crashingprimeday, organizing a “Crash Sale” July 15-16 to compete with Amazon Prime Day. Watch eBay’s snarky “Honest Alexa” commercial to learn more. (FYI, eBay is a treasure trove of new, used and vintage apparel, shoes and accessories. Just ask Putthison, which does amazing eBay roundups of interesting menswear finds.)
Sweden’s Happy Socks is one of the granddaddies of the colorful sock craze. During Amazon Prime Days 2019, you could take 40% off plus free shipping Happy Socks sitewide, no code needed.
Richmond-based menswear startup Ledbury is one of my go-to men’s clothing brands. During Amazon Prime Day 2019, Ledbury had a large selection of their colorful and unique button down shirts and sharp looking blazers on sale for 30-40% off.
Nordstrom is one of my favorite places to shop thanks to superior customer service and a fantastic online shopping experience that, for example, lets you filter neckties by width. During Amazon Prime Day 2019, Nordstrom’s Anniversary sale, which sees its most important discounts of the year, was open to Nordstrom credit card holders beginning July 12.
The fantastic Austin, Texas-based, curated menswear emporium Stag Provisions launched a summer sale on July 11, 2019, in time for Amazon Prime Day.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.