Explore the best 2021 Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on athleisure and activewear for women and men.
Tracking Black Friday clothing deals
I’ve been curating Black Friday clothing sales for a while now. (Really, it’s turned into an entire Cyberweek of sales.)
There are dozens of Black Friday deals to be had on menswear as well as epic Cyberweek deals on women’s clothing. It also turns out that Black Friday sees amazing deals on prescription eyeglasses.
This year, I wanted to break out a separate list of the greatest Black Friday sales on athleisure and activewear for women and men. Since the pandemic, athleisure and workleisure clothing has seen a huge boost.
Black Friday is an opportune time to refresh your athleisure and work-from-home wardrobe, and maybe to pick up a new Zoom shirt.
Black Friday 2021 Sales on athleisure and activewear
- Nordstrom is taking up to 59% selections from its private Zella brand of athleisure leggings and clothing for women and men during its Black Friday and Cyber Week 2021 sale.
- Ministry of Supply – Score 25% off sitewide from Ministry of Supply’s selection of workleisure and athleisure clothing for men and women with code 25OFF from November 21-29. Ministry of Supply’s 2021 Black Friday sale is a great time to try their Active Leggings with NASA Phase Change and recycled materials. Get to know the company via my interview with CEO Aman Advani.
- K-DEER – Very cool: Take 30% off stripy and colorful American-made leggings and active and yoga wear with coupon code BF30 (some exclusions apply).
- Boden – Take 15% off full-priced styles from this stylish British brand, which sells a fabulous selection of elevated activewear, during its Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Girlfriend Collective has their best sale of the year during Black Friday 2021: Score 30% off sitewide on athleisure staples for women. GC sells ethically and sustainably-made athleisure and makes a nice alternative to lululemon for athleisure.
- Gymshark – Nab savings of up to 70% on Gymshark’s affordable athletic and athleisure basics during their Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Handful’s 2021 Black Friday event is live with 25%-75% off across its line of sports bras, tops, leggings and accessories “designed to flatter not to flatten.”
- Kinflyte is having a Black Friday 2021 sale, taking 30% off sitewide with code BLACKFRIDAY30 from their eco-friendly, anti-odor athleisure and activewear bras and underwear for women meant to improve posture and reduce stress on your back. (Watch out: the items are final sale.)
- Olivers Apparel, which makes affordable luxury activewear for men, offers Black Friday 2021 discounts of 15% off $150; 25% off $250; and 30% off $400 across its site. Look to Olivers for elevated-yet-understated athletic and athleisure staples for men like joggers, tops and shorts constructed from technical performance fabrics.
- Outdoor Voices takes up to 50% off select styles from its athleisure and activewear lines of leggings, sports bras and more during its pre-Black Friday 2021 sale. (Vogue calls Outdoor Voices the “anti-lululemon.”)
- Rhone’s Black Friday sale 2021 is live. Take 30% orders of $300 or more; 25% off $250; or 20% off of $150 sitewide from this destination for luxury athleisure activewear, basics and commuter button down shirts constructed from technical fabrics.
- Tommy John has a great Black Friday 2021 and Cyberweek sale going on: You can get 20% off purchases of $100 or more throughout their athleisure and activewear basics for men and women. Co-founder Tom Patterson explains why he thinks the right underwear can change your life.
- Western Rise is having a Black Friday 2021 sale that sees 25% off sitewide across its versatile activewear and athleisure for men meant to transition from workout to work to play with discount code HOLIDAY25.
- Athleta, owned by the Gap, takes 20% off sitewide during its Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Boody – From November 25-29, score 20% off of everything with code THANKFUL from this affordable, eco-friendly activewear and athleisure brand for women, men and kids.
List of 2020 Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales on athleisure and activewear
Not every company has launched an early Black Friday or Cyberweek 2021 sale yet. Explore some of the best Black Friday athleisure deals from 2020 to get a feel for what may be in store from other brands during Black Friday 2021:
- Bold Body Apparel takes 40% off everything across its lineup of, well, bold (and colorful) athleisure and workout clothing for women.
- Lulu’s is having a massive Black Friday 2020 sale with between 25-90% off everything with code FRIYAY25.
- lululemon is dropping Black Friday 2020 deals this week.
- Mana Threads‘ Black Friday 2020 sale takes up to 70% off “bold and biodegradable” activewear for women.
- Nuu Muu has 20% off almost everything with code Giving. Nuu Muu specializes in active, outdoor and athleisure dresses meant for running, travel, hiking, biking, workouts, cycling, tennis and more.
- Pact’s Black Friday 2020 doorbusters are live. Pact makes excellent, sustainably-produced basics for men and women from organic cotton and other fabrics.
- Roam Loud has 10% off its activewear basics with code WELCOME10.
- Ten Thousand launched a “cash for class” Black Friday sale, taking up to 40% off its athletic and athleisure apparel for men.
- Wild Rye – Spend $100+: Take 20% off with code WOMENLED20; 30% off $300 with code WOMENLED30; 40% off $500+ with code WOMENLED40 from this woman-led activewear line.
- Yummie – Real Housewives of New York City participant Heather Thomson launched Yummie in 2008 to inspire self confidence with her line of activewear for women. Take 30% off sitewide with code HAPPYHOLIDEALS.
Have you taken advantage of any of these Black Friday athleisure sales? Am I missing any? Please let me know in the comments.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.