Everyone has their go-to sites for style advice. Modern Fellows is no exception, and has compiled a resource of what we consider the best resources for professional mens’ style — from A Continuous Lean to Putthison to WWD.
Yogi Berra once said, “you can observe a lot just by watching.”In the course of seeking out advice on mens’ fashion and style and then jumping into publishing Modern Fellows, I watched a number of men’s blogs and forums over the past several years. The quality and quantity of sites dedicated to making sure modern men are informed, well-dressed and confident continues to rise.
There is a symbiotic process underway where men are demanding more from designers and retailers in terms of quality and fit while brands, writers and bloggers are supplying the products, services and tools to make the whole process of dressing well more accessible and enjoyable.
The list contains the online forums and blogs dedicated to improving men’s style and professional wardrobe that have inspired and helped to inform the design and content you see here. Like this website, it focuses on those resources that highlight the entrepreneurs and businesses behind men’s fashion, spotlight affordable custom tailoring, emphasize American-made products, or cover style in the Washington, DC area.
This is not an effort to put together an exhaustive or definitive product. It’s a first cut at a directory that is hopefully long enough to be representative but short enough to avoid overwhelming anyone. That said, you don’t know what you don’t know, so while this particular post is static, the list is dynamic. Drop a line to suggest an omission from Modern Fellows’ list of the best menswear blogs of the moment.
Photo credit: flickr/shordzi
About JakeJake is an expert on men’s style and fashion based in Washington, DC. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs and innovative clothing and lifestyle brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. He has published hundreds of articles on style and apparel, and regularly interviews small business CEOs and startup founders about industry trends. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Get $25 off your first experience with Wantable, an amazing online personal styling option for men and women.
* Take 10% off your first order from Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.