Discover the best Black Friday 2021 deals on stylish men’s clothing, shoes and accessories as well as Cyber Monday and Cyberweek offers and coupons.
The Short Answer: 19 Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 sales
This post features a very long list of Cyber Monday and Black Friday 2021 sales. Here is a short list of featured Cyber Monday deals that I’m particularly excited about from brands with which I have had a personal, positive experience:
- Bonobos is one of my favorite menswear brands. Bonobos offers a whopping 35% off (almost) everything during its Cyber Monday sale. This is even better than Bonobos’ 30% off sitewide during its Black Friday 2021 sale from November 22-28. (Have a look inside a Bonobos Guide Shop to learn more about the brand, and see why they are a terrific option for shirt jackets for men.)
- Huckberry is one of the best online retailers of elevated, stylish clothing for men. Huckberry’s massive Cyber Monday 2021 sale features deals of up to 40% off more than 600 products from their house labels like Flint and Tinder and a wide variety of innovative brands like Marine Layer, Holden, Seavees, Danner, Gitman Vintage, Topo Designs and more. This is an extension of Huckberry’s Black Friday sale, which also saw discounts of up to 40% off.
- Nordstrom – One of my favorite retailers that successfully made the transition to bricks-and-clicks has Cyber Monday 2021 deals of up to 50% off styles for men and women. Check out the best bets from Nordstrom’s Cyberweek 2021 sale.
- Ministry of Supply – Take 25% off everything across Ministry of Supply’s lineup of workleisure apparel for women and men made from technical fabrics during their Cyber Monday, Cyberweek and Black Friday 2021 sale with code 25OFF from November 21-29. Get to know the brand, which makes my favorite reusable face masks, in this interview with CEO Aman Advani.
- Todd Snyder continues its 25% Off sitewide across its fabulous selection of elevated menswear during its Cyber Monday 2021 sale. They had already offered 25% sitewide during its Black Friday 2021 sale using code BlackFriday25 starting Sunday November 21. Look inside Todd Snyder’s New York City Flagship store, and discover why I think Todd Snyder is one of the best alternatives to J. Crew for men.
- Allbirds, which didn’t even have a Black Friday sale, has a terrific Cyber Monday sale that sees excellent deals across its rarely-discounted lineup of sustainably-produced merino wool shoes for men and women.
- Everlane – For Cyber Monday, Everlane has added new markdowns to its already excellent Black Friday sale, with over 60 styles for men and women discounted by up to 40%, including organic cotton crewneck t-shirts, performance chinos, organic cotton beanies, waffle knit hoodies, sport joggers, slim-fit jeans and cashmere crew neck sweaters.
- Outerknown, which is famous for its soft, cozy blanket shirts for men (I love mine), takes 30% off sitewide plus nab free shipping with code FREESHIP during their Cyber Monday sale. Outerknown took 30% off sitewide (excludes 3rd party products) from November 25th through November 28th during its Black Friday sale. (No code needed.) If you have never tried Outerknown, I highly encourage you to check them out.
- Vessi is fast-becoming one of my favorite options for waterproof, minimalist knit sneakers for men and women. Nab up to 30% off Vessi’s shoes during their Cyber Monday 2021 sale, plus get a $25 gift certificate for every $110 spent. This is an extension of Vessi’s Black Friday 2021 sale. See why I think their sneakers are an essential casual shoe for the new normal in my review of Vessi shoes.
- Greats Sneakers is having a great Cyber Monday2021 sale. (Ha!) Score 30% off sitewide with CYBER30 from this born-in-Brooklyn brand founded in 2007 by Ryan Babenzien and Jon Buscemi, which makes “a better sneaker for less.” (For more leather sneakers options check out Modern Fellows’ guide to leather sneakers for men.)
- Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors, offers up to 20% off during their extended Black Friday 2021 sale, which runs through Cyber Monday. Save 10% off with code BF10 when you buy 1 item; 15% off with code BF15 when you buy 2 items; 20% off with code BF20 when you buy 3 items or more. You can also save $50 off your first suit with code FTOMODERN.
- Tie Bar — From November 25-29, save 20% sitewide; save 25% when you spend over $100; and save 30% when you spend over $150 during Tie Bar’s outstanding Cyber Monday and Black Friday sale. Tie Bar is one of the best places to buy neckties.
- Satchel and Page takes 10-25% off its entire collection of gorgeous, heritage-inspired, heirloom quality leather bags and goods during its Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2021 sale from 11/15. Satchel and Page’s bags and briefcases make a truly gorgeous gift. Get to know the brand via my interview with Satchel and Page Founder Daniel Ralsky.
- Away Travel rarely has sales on its luggage. Find some excellent deals during Away’s Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2021 sale.
- Revtown is having its biggest sale ever. Score 10% off $100; 20% off $200; and 25% off $250 during Revtown’s 2021 Cyber Monday-Black Friday sale. Revtown’s slim-fit “Sharp” jeans are among my favorites. (I’m wearing a pair as I type this sentence.)
- Rhone’s 2021 Cyber Monday sale is live. Get 20% off everything or 30% off orders of $300 or more. Earlier, Rhone’s Black Friday sale saw 30% off orders of $300 or more; 25% off $250; or 20% off of $150 sitewide from this destination for exceptional athleisure, activewear, basics and commuter button down shirts constructed from technical fabrics.
- J Crew offers a terrific 40% (almost) everything with code CYBER during its Cyber Monday sale. This is largely an extension of J. Crew’s Black Friday 2021 sale, which saw 40% off almost everything plus 60% off sale styles.
- Happy Socks takes up to 50% off plus free shipping over $20 during their Cyber Monday sale. This is even better than their Black Friday 2021 sale, which saw 40% off plus free shipping over $50. Happy Socks is one of my favorite places to buy colorful socks for men online.
- Nisolo has an incredible extended Cyber Monday sale: Use code CYBER30 for 30% off sitewide & 40% off with orders $400+. Earlier, during their Black Friday 2021 sale, you could use code FRIDAY25 to nab 25% off sitewide from this sustainable fashion brand’s “intentionally designed, ethically made, fairly priced” shoes for men.
Introduction: Keeping track of the Best Black Friday and Cyber Week sales for men
Welcome to Cyberweek.
The pandemic accelerated a trend towards an entire Cyber-Week of sales that stretches from the weekend before Thanksgiving through the Monday after. In 2021, 79% of the brands that Modern Fellows surveyed had launched a Black Friday sale or pre-sale by the Monday before Thanksgiving.
Throughout the year, I also track the best online clothing sales for men, where you can have a look at evergreen discounts and other seasonal sales.
When is Cyberweek 2022?
It’s perhaps more accurate to talk about Cyberweek sales rather than Black Friday and Cyber Monday, since many brands are now offering discounts from the Monday before Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday.
Cyberweek 2022 is from Monday, November 21 through Monday, November 28.
In fact, some brands are likely to offer Black Friday deals throughout the month of November, though the sales really start to pick up as Cyberweek begins.
When is Black Friday 2022?
Black Friday 2022 is Friday, November 25, 2022.
When is Cyber Monday 2022?
Cyber Monday is the Monday after Thanksgiving in the United States. Cyber Monday 2022 is Monday, November 28, 2022.
Is Cyber Monday different than Black Friday?
While shoppers can snag discounts throughout Cyberweek, 35% of clothing retailers offered better deals on Cyber Monday than on Black Friday, according to a survey by Modern Fellows. However, selection may be more limited on sought-after items.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 Clothing Sales
Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 featured deep discounts on clothing for men. This section lists the best Black Friday sales on men’s business casual and smart casual clothing. Keep scrolling down for separate sections on Black Friday deals for men’s shoes, suits, luxury fashion, watches and leather goods and more specialized categories:
- Amazon sports a ton of Black Friday deals for 2021, including deep Black Friday discounts on fashion for men and women on its house labels like Button Downed and Goodthreads.
- Taylor Stitch takes 30% off sitewide during their fabulous Cyber Monday sale. This beats their 20% off sitewide plus a $20 credit applied on orders over $100 during the Black Friday sale from this purveyor of classic menswear including knits, flannels, denim and outerwear. I love Taylor Stitch’s Apres Collection.
- Charles Tyrwhitt – Take 25% off sitewide using code TREAT from one of my go-to retailers for business menswear basics on Cyber Monday. (This is an extension of their Black Friday sale.) Charles Tyrwhitt is also one of the best affordable options for dress shirts for men.
- Boden – This chic, “unabashedly British” brand has developed a strong menswear line. Boden takes Up to 40% OFF, plus an extra 10% off with code E7T8 during their Cyber Monday sale, or 15% off full price items, plus free shipping & returns on orders over $49. This follows Boden’s pre-Black Friday sale that took 30% Off Everything with Code Q4U7 from through 11/15.
- Tommy John – Take 30% off sitewide across Tommy John’s well-regarded underwear, long johns and basics for men and women during their Cyber Monday sale. This follows 20% off purchases of $100 or more sitewide during the startup’s Black Friday sale. See my interview with co-founder Tom Patterson about why underwear can change your life.
- PrAna, a stylish option for sustainable clothing for men and women, slashes 30% off select styles and all stretch Zion clothing during their Cyber Monday 2021 sale (which is an extension of their Black Friday 2021 sale). The company makes its clothes from materials like organic cotton, recycled polyester, and technical fabrics, great for hiking, climbing, working out and hanging out. PrAna is a solid alternative to lululemon for activewear and athleisure.
- Stio – On Cyber Monday, November 29, spend $400 get $50 off from this active and outdoors-wear brand based in Wyoming. Stio took up to 30% off clothes for men and women during their Black Friday 2021 sale, including bright and sunny flannel shirts. I have a pair of Stio’s super-comfortable and well-fitting Rivet corduroy pants.
- UntuckIt has an incredible Cyber Monday sale on its smart and business casual shirts and more. Grab 25% off everything, or 30% off $200, including already-reduced sale items, during Untuckit’s 2021 Cyber Monday sale. (Earlier, during Untuckit’s Cyber Week sale, you could get 25% off everything.)
- Faherty, which makes elevated, heritage-quality clothing for men and women, takes up to 50% off its “Greatest Hits” of sustainably-produced, smart casual options like a brushed alpine flannel shirt, lightweight Dawn Patrol jacket, soft Interloop joggers and long sleeve notch tee shirts during its Cyber Monday sale. (This is even better than the up to 40% off during Faherty’s Black Friday sale.)
- Myles Apparel sports up to 60% off selections from its elevated technical-fabric activewear and athleisure during its 2021 Holiday Sale. Myles was originally a side hustle by the founders of Huckberry and Taylor Stitch, and offers a nice range of joggers, tees, tank tops and knit hoodies. During Cyber Monday, get an extra 10% off with code GLITCH.
- Pact Apparel, which makes sustainably-produced basics for men and women from organic cotton and other fabrics, has the entire store on sale during its Cyber Monday event (which is an extension of its Black Friday sale). Pact is a stellar option for basics for men and women, and makes some of my favorite t-shirts and boxers.
- Gymshark launched its excellent 2021 Black Friday sale on November 18, taking up to 70% off its already affordable activewear and athleisure, and it continues through Cyber Monday.
- Perk Clothing, the successful Kickstarter-funded startup, takes 25% off its lineup of smart casual tagless cotton t-shirts and office-appropriate “feel good chinos” during its Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2021 sale.
- tentree, the Canada-based sustainable fashion brand, offers free shipping plus a free gift as well as up to 50% off selections during its Cyber Monday sale. This follows tentree’s “Green Friday sale,” which took up to 50% off. Look to tentree for sustainably-produced loungewear, athleisure, t-shirts, sweaters, jackets and more.
- Blade and Blue — Look for incredible doorbusters during Blade and Blue’s Cyberweek sale from this unique menswear boutique that focuses on limited-run, mostly-made-in-America men’s apparel. Earlier, Blade and Blue offered 30% off $350; 25% off $250; 15% off $100 during its Black Friday sale. (Look to Blade and Blue for everything from button down shirts to neckties to boxer shorts to accessories.)
- Billy Reid – Take an extra 30% off select markdowns for Cyber Monday. Earlier, you could take 20% off $500; 30% off $1,000; or 40% off $1,500 during Billy Reid’s excellent Black Friday 2021 sale.
- North and Mark is offering a 50% off Cyber Monday – Black Friday 2021 discount across its entire selection of affordable luxury outwear and workleisure clothing made from technical performance fabrics.
- Olivers Apparel sees sitewide Cyber Monday – Black Friday 2021 discounts of 15% off $150; 25% off $250; and 30% off $400 across its lineup of elevated, understated athletic and athleisure wardrobe basics for men like joggers, tops and shorts from technical performance fabrics.
- Free Fly Apparel takes up to 25% off its line of performance apparel clothing made from bamboo, sun protective and comfortable fabrics with code GEARUP.
- Texas Standard – 25% off wardrobe essentials for the modern Texas gentleman, including modern Western shirts and Guayaberas, Sport Shirts, Polos, Tees, and Accessories with coupon code SAVE25 during Texas Standard’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 sale.
- Bonobos – 35% off almost everything for Cyber Monday. (See “The Short Answer” above.)
- Asos has major deals daily on more than 850 brands from house labels like Asos Design and Topman to The North Face, adidas, Puma and more. Get an extra 20% off sale with Asos coupon code MORESALE. Look for up to 80% off during Cyber Monday.
- Everlane takes up to 40% off.
- Huckberry, will have a Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Cuts Clothing — Take 30% off sitewide from California-based menswear startup Cuts Clothing’s line of professional-looking crewneck, v-neck and henley shirts (and more) during their Cyber Monday-Black Friday sale (which is their biggest sale of the year).
- Frank and Oak – The Canadian online clothing store for men offers 30% off everything plus up to 50% off flash deals during its Cyber Monday (and Black Friday) sale.
- Grayers takes 40% off sitewide during its Cyber Monday – Black Friday 2021 sale with code BIGSALE, which began November 20. It’s their biggest sale of the year.
- J Crew has 40% (almost) everything else with CYBER.
- Lands End has up to 70% off your order plus free shipping during their Cyber Monday 2021 sale. (This is even better than the up-to-60% off deals during Lands End’s Black Friday 2021 sale.)
- Ledbury, a great men’s clothing brand, has opened up its Warehouse sale on Cyber Monday with deals of up to 70% off. This is even better than the series of Black Friday deals that saw sitewide savings of up to 35% off.
- Madewell has 30% off, plus 40% off sale styles on Cyber Monday with code CLICKCLICK. This is similar to their Black Friday 2021 sale, which took 30% off with code OHJOY.
- Marine Layer has 20% off selections from its line of super-soft, colorful casual and outdoors-inspired clothing with code BOOYAH for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Marmot has 40% off almost everything with code HOLIDAY plus 30-60% off all sale items. Look to Marmot for rainwear, hiking pants, ski and snowboard and more outdoor gear for men, women and kids.
- Mizzen and Main offers 30% off everything with code THANKFUL during its Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 sale. Check out Mizzen and Main for comfort-driven workleisure (athleisure for business casual and professional office wear).
- Ministry of Supply – Take 25% off everything. (See “The Short Answer” above.)
- NAADAM, which sells sustainably-sourced, luxury cashmere sweaters and accessories for men and women, takes up to 60% off selections on Cyber Monday. This is different than the 40% off sitewide from November 22-28 during Naadam’s Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Notre has 30% off everything (though this lifestyle brand remains really expensive.)
- Outdoor Voices has 25% off sitewide plus discounts of up to 70% on their colorful workout and athleleisure clothing for women and men constructed from performance fabrics that are soft to the touch and wick sweat for Cyber Monday.
- Outerknown has 30% off sitewide November 25-28. Get 30% off sitewide plus nab free shipping with code FREESHIP on Cyber Monday.
- PX Clothing offers 60% off on Cyber Monday with code CYBER from their lineup of LA-inspired casual clothing. This is even better than their already-impressive $50 off $100 purchase with code NOV for Black Friday.
- Primary has 50% off holiday PJs, 30% off puffer jackets and more for Cyber Monday. This is different than Primary’s Black Friday 2021 “cozy sale” that featured up to 40% off sweats and basics for men, women and kids.
- Rag and Bone slashes 25% off everything, no exclusions for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Rhone – 30% off $300 or more; 20% off everything. (See “The Short Answer” above.)
- Saturdays New York City, the New York-based lifestyle brand for men and women, started Black Friday 2021 early with 25% sitewide, which extends through Cyber Monday.
- Scotch and Soda has up to 25% off plus an extra 50% off sale for its Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 event for men, women and kids.
- Shein, the Chinese fast fashion site, has up to 90% off sitewide for Cyber Monday. this is even better than their Black Friday 2021 and Singles Day discounts of up to 80% their already low prices.
- 32 Degrees, the self-described “best value in basics,” takes 70-80% off selections during its Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 sale. (I own several pairs of 32 Degrees long underwear, which I bought at Costco.)
- Toad and Co is marking down selections of its sustainable clothing for the outdoors by up to 60% during its Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale.
- Twillory, a family-owned, Long Island-based company, takes up to 50% selections across its line of dress and business casual clothing during its Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 sale.
- Unsimply Stitched – Take 50% off during Cyber Monday with code CM2021. This is even better than the 30% off sitewide Unsimply Stitched offered during their pre-Black Friday 2021 sale. Review why Unsimply Stitched is one of the best options for colorful socks for men. Explore the brand via Modern Fellows’ review of Unsimply Stitched socks and an interview with founder Alex Hendeles.
- United By Blue – From November 24 through November 29, enjoy 20% off regular priced items sitewide during United by Blue’s 2021 Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale (no code needed). From November 24 through December 5, take an additional 50% off sale items with code TGIF.
- UpWest, a direct-to-consumer spinoff of Express that specializes in comfortable, cozy clothing for men and women like sweatshirts, hoodies, joggers, t-shirts and loungewear, offers 30% off sitewide for Cyber Monday. This is even better than their Black Friday sale, which took 15% off $75; 20% off of $100; and 25% off of $125.
- Warp and Weft takes 50% off full price styles with CYBER21 during its Cyber Monday 2021 sale. This is even better than the 30% off everything with code THANKFUL30 Warp and Weft offered during its Black Friday 2021 sale. Warp and Weft sells sustainably-produced, high-tech denim.
- Western Rise takes up to 30% off sitewide during its Cyber Monday sale. This is even better than the 25% off sitewide with discount code HOLIDAY25 Western Rise offered during its 2021 Black Friday sale. Western Rise specializes in elevated, simple athleisure and everyday wear for men.
- Woolrich, which makes blankets, outerwear, flannels and more for men and women, offers up to 50% off during its Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 sale.
- Buttercloth takes 25% off sitewide and offers deals of up to 55% off with code CYBERMONDAY. This is better than their Black Friday friends and family sale that saw discounts of up to 50% off with codes EXTRA15, EXTRA20 and EXTRA25.
- Guess – Grab 30% off Guess’ entire site for Cyber Monday. (This is better than 25% off Guess’ entire site plus an extra 15% discount off of orders over $125 during Black Friday.)
- Calvin Klein offers 40% off underwear and apparel and an extra 50% off sale on Cyber Monday. This is different than their 50% off hundreds of styles during its Black Friday 2021 event.
- American Eagle launched its Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals with 30% selections for men, women and kids.
- The Jacket Maker takes between $20-$150 off its lineup of leather, bomber, biker, suede and aviator jackets, trench and winter coats and more for men and women during its Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Tommy Hilfiger USA has 40% off sitewide and 50% off orders of $150 or more on Cyber Monday. This is even better than their 40% off $100 or more with code PREVIEW during its Cyberweek sale.
- Banana Republic offers 50% off your purchase for Cyber Monday. This is even better than the 30% off your purchase during Cyberweek.
- Gap takes up to 60% off everything plus an extra 20% off at checkout for Cyber Monday. This is better than the 40% off your purchase during Gap’s 2021 Black Friday Early Deals.
- Old Navy slashes 50% off your purchase for Cyber Monday. This is even better than the 35% off your purchase the company offered during Cyberweek.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 Sales on Men’s Shoes and Sneakers
Black Friday is also a great time to find incredible deals on men’s sneakers, boots and casual and dress shoes. Here are the best 2021 Black Friday deals on shoes, sneakers and boots:
- Amberjack – Modern Fellows readers can get 15% off your entire order using code FELLOWS15 between midnight November 25 and midnight November 29 during Amberjack’s 2021 Black Friday sale. Amberjack is a new men’s shoe startup that went live in late 2020. See my Amberjack review for why I think their shoes are a comfortable business casual option for the hybrid future of work.
- Nisolo – Enter code CYBER30 for 30% off sitewide & 40% off with orders $400+.
- Oliver Cabell has a pre-Cyber Monday and Black Friday 2021 sale with 25% off sitewide. This is their biggest sale of the year. I can’t say enough nice things about my Oliver Cabell leathers sneakers, and they make a range of comfortable, affordable luxury drivers and other casual shoes for men.
- Wolf and Shepherd – Buy a pair of Wolf and Shepherd shoes, select a free gift of a Crossover Shoe Care Kit ($125 value) or a Leather + Canvas Dopp Kit ($95 value) or a Italian Leather Wallet ($95 value). Wolf and Shepherd delivers an outstanding combination of looks and comfort. (See my review of Wolf and Shepherd oxford shoes and their unique Longwing crossover hybrid sneakers for more.)
- Beckett Simonon was running an incredible Black Friday deal: Select any two pairs of shoes for just $289 with free shipping and returns, though the brand does not appear to have any Cyber Monday deals live. Read why I think Beckett Simonon’s shoes, boots and leather sneakers are worth the wait.
- Vessi – Look for up to 30% off. (See “The Short Answer” above.)
- Greats Sneakers – 30% off sitewide for Cyber Monday with CYBER30. Earlier, Greats held a Black Friday sale with 25% off sitewide with code BLACKFRIDAY25. (Even earlier, Greats held a pre-Black Friday sale with 50% off select styles.)
- adidas has 30% off sitewide for Cyber Monday. This is even better than deals of up to 50% off during their Black Friday 2021 sale that starts November 22.
- Allen Edmonds’ Cyber Monday sale is live with everything 25% off. This is different than their Black Friday 2021 sale which had select shoes on sale for $199.
- Giesswein lets you Buy 1 Get 1 Free across all its merino wool shoes with code SNEAKER21 during its Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 sale. Giesswein is an alternative to Allbirds for merino wool sneakers.
- YCMC, which specializes in sneakers and apparel, gives 20% Off during their Black Friday Sale using code BLKFRI20 through November 30 at 8:00AM.
- Nike – Score up to 50% off using code BLACKFRIDAY during Nike’s 2021 Black Friday and Cyberweek sale.
- New Balance sports 20% off select styles during its Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Grant Stone, which makes Goodyear-welted boots and footwear, takes 25% off orders over $400 with code BlackFriday2021.
- Moral Code is having a Black Friday 2021 preview sale with 15% off all footwear.
- Scarosso – Spend $200 and save $50; Spend $400 and save $120 off sleek shoes for women and men made by Italian artisans during this Berlin-based startup’s Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Wolverine is hosting weekly Black Friday 2021 doorbusters with deals of up to 50% off their heritage-quality boots and shoes. (Though Wolverine’s Metallica Scholars Collection is not on sale.)
- Velasca – All of Velasca’s well-regarded, handcrafted, Italian-made shoes ring up at 20% off with coupon BF21 during its Black Friday 2021 discounts.
- Cobbler Union takes up to 50% off from its collection of dress shoes and more during its Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Alexander Noel – Use Passcode BLACKFRIDAY100 and take off $100 off your purchase during Alexander Noel’s Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Jack Erwin, a Direct-to-Consumer option for shoes for men and women, has sitewide discounts during its Black Friday sale.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 Deals on Suits, Ties and Custom Clothing
Cyber Week and Black Friday offer some of the best deals of the year on off-the-rack and custom suits for men, as well as custom dress shirts, neckties, pocket squares, lapel pins, tie clips and more.
- Woodies offers “Black Friday everyday” savings with 10% off $150, 15% off $275 and 20% off $500 or more. Woodies is an amazing menswear startup that makes custom casual clothing easy. (Think performance chinos and button down shirts.)
- Black Lapel – Up to 20% off with codes FRIDAY10, FRIDAY15 and FRIDAY20. Save $50 off your first suit with code FTOMODERN. (See “The Short Answer” above.)
- Spier & MacKay, a great Canada-based direct-to-consumer option for affordable off-the-rack and custom suits, offers up To 20% off everything with code BF2021.
- Tie Bar — Save up to 30% off everything.
- Brooks Brothers has 25% off just about everything during its 2021 Black Friday sale. (Note that Black Friday 2020 saw Brooks Brothers offer 50% off sitewide online and in stores.) While Brooks Brothers is currently going through a rough patch, the company has been creating moments of joy since 1818.
- The Dark Knot‘s 2021 Black Friday deals are live. Take 30% off sitewide (including on sale items) with code BLACK30 at this terrific small business source for ties, lapel pins, tie bars and more.
- Indochino is having a 2021 Black Friday “Door Crashers” event with everything on sale. Get Custom Suits from $299; Premium Suits from $359; Two Premium Suits for $659; Overcoats from $199; and Shirts from $45.
- Ties.com sees discounts of 25% off orders of $50 or more; 35% off orders of $100; 45% off orders of $150 with code DEALWEEK.
- Hockerty, which makes made-to-measure clothing and shoes for men, is having a Black Friday 2021 event with discounts of up to 25% sitewide. Get more background on the company via my long-ago review of their basic white dress shirt.
- Kashiyama, the Japan-based maker of affordable made-to-measure clothing for women and men, is advertising 20% off its suits and more through December 5 with code BLACKFRIDAY during their Black Friday 2021 sale. See how this affordable “smart” tailor is expanding into the United States.
- Lanieri – Save up to 30% off selected products from this Italian startup’s collection during its 2021 Black Days event. Learn more about the brand, which is backed by storied Italian fabric mills, via Modern Fellows’ review of Lanieri’s made-to-measure suit and look inside the company’s Paris showroom.
- Alton Lane – Save up to 30% off everything from this omnichannel destination for made-to-measure suits and shirts, as well as accessories and leather sneakers and more for guys.
- Paul Stuart – 20% off sitewide during this luxury menswear retailer’s Black Friday 2021 sale.
For a more in-depth look at bespoke and made-to-measure (MTM) clothing, see Modern Fellows’ comprehensive guide to online custom suits for men. For more options for neckties, see the 37 best places to buy stylish ties for men and 13 luxury necktie options that will lend interest to your outfits.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 Sales on Denim
- DSTLD offers an incredible 50% off sitewide during its Black Friday sale. Check out DSTLD for premium denim and super-soft tee shirts for women and men without the luxury retail markup.
- Revtown has 10% off $100; 20% off $200; and 25% off $250 its 2021 Black Friday sale.
- Levi’s “Indigo Friday” sale sees 40% off plus free shipping, and an extra 50% off sale styles.
- PAIGE Denim takes up to 40% off styles from it’s collection of well-fitting, stylish jeans for men and women with code CYBEREARLY2021 via a Pre-Black Friday 2021 deal.
- Warp and Weft takes 30% off everything with code THANKFUL30 during its Black Friday 2021 sale. Warp and Weft sells sustainably-produced, high-tech denim.
- Lucky Brand has special offers on classic Lucky Styles including outerwear, sweaters, Cloud Soft loungewear and plaid flanners at 50% off, plus buy one, get one 50% off on jeans and tee shirts.
- Dearborn Denim, which makes Made-in-the-USA denim and apparel for men and women, is taking 10% off all orders during Black Friday 2021 with coupon code BF2021.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 Sales on Colorful Socks
Cyber Monday and Black Friday see amazing deals on a range of colorful socks for men, including sales from Happy Socks and Bombas:
- Happy Socks offers up to 40% off plus free shipping over $50.
- Bombas will take 20% off its collection of socks, tees and more during its Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Pair of Thieves makes awesome colorful socks, plus underwear, loungewear, t-shirts and more. Score up to 65% off fun socks and more during their holiday sale.
- Conscious Step makes fabulous colorful socks with a purpose. Take $10 select sock multipacks and get select classic socks for just $10. See how Conscious Step supports social goals with style.
- Society Socks makes soft, comfortable and colorful socks for men, and founders Sergey Sapelnyk and Filip Pejic donate one pair to charity for every pair sold.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 Sales on Watches, Leather Goods and Accessories
Cyberweek is an outstanding time to find discounts on watches, leather goods, luggage and accessories for men.
- Satchel and Page – Get 10-25% off Satchel and Page’s lineup of absolutely gorgeous briefcases and bags.
- Away Travel has great deals on luggage during its rare Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Felix Gray – Take 15% off Felix Gray’s blue-light blocking glasses with code EVERYTHING15. This is a great opportunity to see whether blue light lenses are worth it given this brand that rarely has sales.
- Herschel Supply Co. takes up to 60% select items. Lock in Black Friday savings on their minimalist backpacks, weekender bags, portfolios, briefcases and messenger bags. I adore my slim, lightweight briefcase from Herschel.
- Todd Snyder has an excellent selection of Timex watches. Save 25% off with code BLACKFRIDAY25 during Todd Snyder’s 2021 Black Friday sale.
- Undone – Take up to 80% off micro-watch brand Undone’s already-affordable (and good looking) watches, and 25% off gift cards, during their Black Friday 2021 sale. Undone lets you customize many of the details of their watches, including hour and minute hands, case, watch face, and case back.
- Vincero Watches advertises 20% off all orders; 25% off orders of $250; 30% off orders of $500 across its lineup of bold watches for men and women.
- Will Leather Goods – Take 30% off sitewide during their Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Carl Friedrik, which makes luxury luggage and men’s leather goods, takes 30 percent off site wide with BF30 during its Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Skagen Denmark has 30% off almost everything across its lineup of minimalist watches with code ITSHERE for its Black Friday 2021 sale.
- MVMT – Take 25% off with code BFSALE during minimalist watch brand MVMT’s 2021 Black Friday sale.
- Jack Mason Brand makes affordable and very nice looking watches. They are taking up to 50% off sitewide during their 2021 Black Friday week sale. No code necessary. (For more on Jack Mason and other innovative micro-brands, check our Modern Fellow’s guide to affordable watches for men.)
- Linjer – Up to 50% off men’s and women’s minimalist watches and leather goods from this minimalist design studio from co-founders Jennifer Chong & Roman Khan. (Linjer means “lines” in Norwegian.)
- Centric Instruments offers 20% off their watches with GIVETIME20 during their Black Friday 2021 sale.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 Deals on Luxury Fashion
Black Friday sees a flood of deals, sales and events from luxury fashion labels and retailers including Neiman Marcus, Ssense, and Shopbop with deep discounts off of select items.
- Neiman Marcus – Use discount code THANKFUL to save $500 off regular price orders of $2,000 or more; $250 off $1,000; $100 off $400; and $50 off $200 during Neiman Marcus’ 2021 Black Friday sale for women and men.
- Bloomingdales is having a Black Friday 2021 sale. Take 25% off items labeled “Take $25 off.”
- Nordstrom has Black Friday 2021 deals of up to 60% off. (See “The Short Answer” above.)
- Ssense takes up to 50% off luxury fashion during its Black Friday 2021 event.
- Saks Fifth Avenue has a designer sale with up to 50% off.
- Mr. Porter takes 30% off select styles during its Black Friday 2021 event. Look for discounts from luxury fashion houses Officine Creative, Agnona, Burberry, A.P.C., Reece Cooper, Kingsman, Tod’s, Bass, Visvim, Engineered Garments, Brioni, Canali, Armani, Rubinacci and many more.
- Shopbop takes 15-30% off selections with code HOLIDAY during their Black Friday 2021 sale, plus items marked down up to 50% off.
- Mytheresa is having a flash sale with up to 40% off luxury fashion for men and women.
- Coggles has 30% off select items for men and women with code CG30 during its Black Friday 2021 luxury fashion sale.
- Matches Fashion slashes prices by up to 50% off selections for men and women during its Black Friday luxury sale. Score discounts on luxury labels like Balenciaga, Marni, Comme Des Garcons, Tom Ford, The Row, Vetements, Dior, Molly Goddard, Church’s shoes, Frame denim, and more.
- Aphrodite is having a Black Friday sale with “mammoth discounts and designer bargains aplenty” from brands including The North Face, Albam, Carhartt, Rains, Ami Paris, adidas, Pyrenex, Colorful Standard, Paul and Shark, CP Company, Fred Perry, Folk, Axel Arigato, Lanvin, Patagonia and more.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday Clothing Deals from Big Box Retailers and Department Stores
- Target, one of my favorite innovative retailers, has released its Black Friday 2021 advertisement. Their offerings as even more accessible as the Minneapolis-based retailer rapidly builds out a series of small-footprint stores in cities and alongside college campuses. (Look inside the Tenleytown DC Target and learn more about their flexible format stores.) Look for deals on men’s Goodfellow and Co pajamas, 30% off sweaters, up to 50% off fleece, and $7 tees.
- Macys has their usual smorgasbord Black Friday deals. Look for deals from menswear labels including from ’47 Brand, 2(X)Ist, 32 Degrees, Armani Exchange, Barr III, Bass Outdoor, Buffalo David Bitton, Calvin Klein, Club Room, Colosseum, Columbia, Cotton On, Effy Collection, INC International Concepts, Polo Ralph Lauren, O’Neill, Quicksilver, Rockport, Society of Threads, Weatherproof Vintage and more.
- JC Penny has a ton of deals on men’s clothing brands including J.Ferrar, Levi’s, Puma, Stafford, Izod, St. John’s Bay, Arizona, Champion, Dockers, Xersion, Van Heusen, Citizen, Haggar, The Foundry, Oceanaut, Fila, Invicta, Christian Van Sant and Adidas.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club has released their early Black Friday deals.
- Walmart has launched its “Black Friday 2021 Deals for Days” extravaganza with large discounts on men’s fashion from brands like Champion and Dearfoams.
How Black Friday and holiday sales are unfolding in 2021
Black Friday 2021 deals and sales are continuing to look a bit different from pre-pandemic times.
Supply chain, shipping and labor issues continue to roil holiday shopping
Between extreme bottlenecks at ports, ongoing supply chain disruptions and semiconductor shortages, higher input costs, and an extremely tight labor market, expect delays and challenges finding what you want during the holiday season on everything from apparel to electronics.
Black Friday 2021 sales started early
As with last year, Black Friday 2021 has started early. Nordstrom, Walmart and others launched Black Friday 2021 deals and discounts the first week in November. Dozens of other e-commerce brands soon followed suit.
This tracks what happened during Black Friday 2020.
Amazon kicked off the 2020 holiday shopping season very early with its long-delayed Amazon Prime Day extravaganza. Amazon held Prime Day 2020 on October 13-14, 2020 featuring deep discounts on Amazon Prime Fashion brands for men and women as well as electronics and more.
Many other major retailers followed suit, announcing deep, Black Friday-quality discounts beginning in October or early November 2020:
- Clothing retailers including Madewell and Lands End launched Black Friday deals in October 2020.
- Walmart stretched out Black Friday sales over three separate events in November 2020. Walmart’s first Black Friday event took place starting at 7PM on November 4 online at Walmart.com, with more sales and deals rolling out online and in store in November 7.
- Target began its Black Friday deals early, “stretching out the savings.” In a a statement, Target noted that, “Let’s face it: Historically, deal hunting and holiday shopping can mean crowded events, and this isn’t a year for crowds.”
- Home Depot announced that it would start its holiday sales in October in an effort to “reinvent” Black Friday and remove anxiety and hassle for customers worried about the Coronavirus.
Smaller, innovative fashion startups and small businesses followed their leads, advertising their lowest prices of the year and jumping on “early Black Friday” sales earlier in November.
Expect fewer doorbusters and in-store only deals
Despite some loosening up of pandemic restrictions, I still can’t imagine stores will be offering limited-quantity doorbusters and in-store only deals that would require shoppers to line up and crowd into stores.
Instead, I would expect many more online-only deals, some of which may be time-limited to days or hours, a-la-Amazon’s Goldbox Daily Deals.
Prediction: Many stores will continue to be closed on Thanksgiving
In 2020, many big-box retailers closed their stores on Thanksgiving Day, reversing a trend that had come to see many employees having to work instead of enjoying dinner with their families. Target, Walmart, Best Buy and Dicks Sporting Goods are among the retailers who closed their stores on Thanksgiving 2020.
It will be interesting to see how many retailers close again on Thanksgiving 2021.
Recommendation: If you see a good deal, grab it
Stores may not be in a position to offer the same deep discounts during Black Friday 2021 as in prior years given supply chain shortages, higher input costs and rising demand.
My advice? If you see a good deal on something you actually want, buy it before it’s gone.
Support small businesses during Black Friday and Small Business Saturday 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit many small businesses in the fashion industry hard, and companies began rolling out pretty spectacular discounts just to stay afloat.
“Retailers will be desperate to get rid of seven months of leftover merchandise in two months,” Burt Flickinger III, founder of Strategic Resource Group, told Newsday in October 2020.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, I was grateful for the chance to interview a number of entrepreneurs about the struggles they faced during COVID-19. Many noted they were surviving thanks to the loyalty of their customers.
Small businesses’ struggles aren’t over however, as supply chain constraints, labor shortages and the specter of the delta variant throw new sand into their gears.
I’ve done my best to prioritize innovative, small and independent direct-to-consumer brands that I think are worth supporting this holiday season.
What are the Origins and History of Black Friday?
There are different explanations for how the Friday after Thanksgiving came to be called “Black Friday.”
- Employers used the term Black Friday in the 1950s in reference to the large percentage of employees who used a sick day to complete a four-day weekend.
- Another explanation is that the Police Department in Philadelphia used the phrase in the 1950s and 1960s about the insane traffic the day generated.
- The most common explanation is that the “Black” in Black Friday is a reference to the role in the day in enabling retailers to turn a profit thanks to holiday demand.
Additional Black Friday guides on Athleisure and Eyeglasses
Separately, I keep track of the best Black Friday sales from online women’s clothing stores and boutiques.
I also collected a separate list of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on athleisure clothing for men and women.
It turns out that there are often stellar Black Friday deals on prescription eyeglasses from brands like Felix Gray, GlassesUSA.com, and Warby Parker.
More resources for great clothing gifts for guys
If you’re looking for more inspiration for great gifts for guys, check out these resources from Modern Fellows:
- My essential list of more than 100 stylish menswear brands that will transform your wardrobe;
- A roundup of impressive athleisure brands for men and women that will keep you comfortable and looking good whether you are exercising or working from home;
- My absolute favorite men’s clothing, accessory and footwear brands;
- More than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks.
- A list of clothing brands who will send you mail order catalogs as a decidedly analog way of advertising their Black Friday sales and getting customers’ attention in the digital age. (I like flipping through physical catalogs rather than websites.)
Pin Me Please: The Best Black Friday Deals for Men
Thank you for checking out this guide. If you enjoyed it, I hope you will consider sharing it.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.