How important is that 55-inch television deal really? If you’re going to shop on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday or Cyber Monday, skip the mega-stores and go for a gift with a great story behind it. Here are some great options for places to find unique gifts for the man in your life —
Hugh and Crye
Washington, DC-based Hugh and Crye turns out amazing, uniquely-well fitting shirts, blazers and accessories, and historically has rolled out some great deals for Black Friday.
We’ve been sweet on Richmond-based Ledbury for a while now. Their shirting stands out and their accessories are interesting — and there are some deals to be had amid dearer items for sale. Their 30 percent off site-wide for the weekend after Thanksgiving helps.
Billy Reid has been through a remarkable journey over the past 15 years, and produces a thoughtful and attractive menswear line. Prices aren’t rock bottom, but you get what you pay for.
Etsy is a useful one-stop-shop for menswear accessories — particularly cufflinks, but also custom stationary, the occasional cotton tie, pocket square or pocket watch.
The list goes on
From Proper Cloth for amazing custom shirts and Italian-made accessories to Black Lapel for spectacular custom suits to Jay Butler for casual footwear and unique accessories to Detroit-based Shinola for American-made watches to Unsimply Stitched for wild and comfortable socks (where you will save 40 percent for Black Friday), options abound for great gift ideas.
For more ideas, see Modern Fellows’ list of where to shop for men.
Or rest your wallets and eat leftovers. Whatever you do, enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 106 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your work-from-home wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Try these impressive digital native brands for your next Zoom shirt. (Because you need a new Zoom shirt.)
* Browse my favorite men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy unique and colorful socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom shirtmakers.