Discover spectacular Cyber Monday and Black Friday 2023 coupons and discounts on prescription eyeglasses and reading glasses from a wide range of designer luxury as well as affordable brands.
Introduction: Eyeglasses During Black Friday-Cyber Monday
Here at Modern Fellows, I focus a a great deal of attention on the eyes and, separately, on Cyber Monday and Black Friday deals.
I’ve outlined 17 alternatives to Warby Parker that will let you try on eyeglasses at home, uncovered where to buy the cheapest possible prescription eyeglasses online, and investigated whether blue light blocking glasses really work.
Separately, I have been monitoring Black Friday and Cyber Monday clothing and apparel sales Every. Year. Since. 2012. (Check out my list of the best Black Friday 2023 clothing deals for men.)
It turns out that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great times to find discounts, coupon codes and deals on prescription eyeglasses, blue light glasses and reading glasses.
Or, rather, “Cyber Week” is a great time to find these sales and deals, since Black Friday as a standalone day is pretty much dead. (79% of stores launched their Black Friday sales the Monday before Thanksgiving.)
Is Black Friday a Good Time to Buy Eyeglasses?
Black Friday is a great time to find deep discounts on prescription eyeglasses and reading glasses. Nearly all major online eyewear retailers offer their best sales of the year. Black Friday 2023 also sees sales from some brands, like Felix Gray, who rarely offer discounts.
The Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 Deals on Prescription Eyeglasses and Sunglasses
- GlassesUSA.com features their biggest event of the year, with 50% off 1,000s of styles during their massive Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023 sale. GlassesUSA.com is a stellar option for name-brand prescription eyewear, sunglasses and Blue Light blocking glasses from labels like Ray-Ban, Prada, Persol, Versace, and more.
- Warby Parker – Save 15% on two (or more) pairs of prescription glasses, or 20% off of your first contacts order, from Warby Parker.
- EyeBuyDirect is offering spectacular savings: 25% off $100, 30% off $150 or 35% off $180 during their Black Friday 2023 sale. EyeBuyDirect is one of the best online stores for cheap eyeglasses.
- Zenni Optical has Black Friday 2023 deals on prescription eyewear, taking 25% off $80 or $30% off $125 with code BF23. Along with EyeBuyDirect, Zenni is one of my absolute favorite options for cheap prescription eyeglasses thanks to their more than 1,600 frame and color combinations and complete glasses starting under $7.
- Felix Gray, which rarely has sales, takes 25% off sitewide from across their lineup of well-regarded blue-light blocking glasses during their Black Friday 2023 sale.
- Prive Revaux, known for collabs and endorsements from celebrities like Jamie Foxx, Hailee Steinfeld, Ashley Benson, Jeremy Piven and Dave Osokow, is having a Black Friday 2023 sale with 35% off everything plus free shipping with code BLACKFRIDAY.
- Discountglasses.com has 50% off their already affordable frames for Black Friday 2023. I love my pair of glasses with progressive lenses from Discountglasses.com.
- Vint & York has 25% off a selection of frames during its early Black Friday 2023 sale. Review how Vint & York reengineered online sales of its glasses amid COVID-19.
- Pair Eyewear, which makes customizable and easy-to-switch prescription eyeglass frames, offers 20% off with coupon code HOLIDAY20 during its 2023 Black Friday sale.
- Jonas Paul Eyewear, which specializes in prescription glasses for kids, offers 20% off frames marked $99 using code BFCM2023 during its Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2023 sale.
- DIFF Charitable Eyewear is offering 50% off sitewide on all glasses during its Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2023 sale.
- Abbe Glasses is offering 50% off everything during their 2023 Pre-Black Friday sale.
- Roka – Save up to 50% with Austin-based Roka’s Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2023 sale on their elevated eyeglasses, sunglasses and gear for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Goggles4u offers a flat 49% off your entire order with code NOV49 during their Black Friday 2023 sale.
- Payne Glasses – Take 10% off orders of $75 or more or 20% off of $100 or more during the Black Friday 2022 sale from this San Francisco-based eyeglass startup that offers exceptionally affordable eyeglasses from just $5.95.
- Ambr Eyewear offers 30% off for Black Friday 2023.
- SmartBuyGlasses takes up to 60% off frames at 15% off lenses off its lineup of prescription eyewear during its Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2023 sale with code BFLENS15.
- Bonlook has select frames up to 70% off, from just $30, during the company’s 2023 Black Friday-Cyber Monday sale.
- Lenskart offers Buy One Get One Free for Black Friday 2023.
- Firmoo advertises Buy One Get One Free plus 25% off lenses during its Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2023 sale on prescription eyeglasses.
- Classic Specs, which makes retro-inspired eyewear, has buy one, get one 50% off for Black Friday 2023 with code BOGO50.
- Roshambo Shades offers 20% off sitewide for Black Friday 2023.
- JINS takes 30% Off In-Store and Online With Code BFCM30 from this innovative Japanese-based brand for Black Friday 2023.
The Best Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2023 Sales on Reading Glasses and Cheaters
Cyberweek, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are also great times for discounts on readers and cheaters.
- Thin Optics, which makes the world’s thinnest readers and cheaters, takes 30% sitewide during a mega Black Friday 2023 sale.
- Readers.com takes 40% off with code FRIDAY40 during their Black Friday 2023 sale.
- Foster Grant takes 40% off sitewide on its readers and cheaters with FRIDAY40 during their 2023 Black Friday week sale.
- Look Optic has a buy-more-save-more 2023 Black Friday and Cyber Monday event: Buy 1 save 20%; buy 2 save 25%; buy 3 or more save 30% across their lineup of readers, Blue Light glasses and sunglasses during one of their biggest sales of the year.
- Eyebobs has 25% off everything across its entire lineup of cheaters, Blue Light glasses and all-day readers during its Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2023 sale with code FEAST.
- ICU Eyewear, which sells stylish reading glasses (cheaters) and blue light blocking glasses, sees 30% Off sitewide plus free shipping (no code required) during Black Friday 2023.
For more background, see the Essential Guide to Buying Stylish Reading Glasses and Cheaters (For As Little As $5).
The Best Black Friday 2023 Sales on Sunglasses
While it might be too cold for the beach in many places, Black Friday is also a great time to save on sunglasses for women and men. Here are the best BFCM deals I’ve found:
- Rheos Nautical Eyewear takes 35% off sitewide across its innovative sunglasses that float and are great for outdoor enthusiasts. See my interview with Rheos’ founder for more about their durable, water-friendly sunglasses.
- Sunski has 25% all sunglasses for Black Friday 2023. (Founded in 2012 and launched via Kickstarter, California-based Sunski specializes in polarized sunglasses, including stylish, lightweight men’s glasses.);
- Shinzo Tamura takes 20% of off its lineup of curated sunglasses with lenses handcrafted in Japan for Black Friday and Cyber Monday starting November 23;
- Ray-Ban has up to 50% off sitewide on its sunglasses during Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2023;
- Persol has up to 50% off during Cyberweek 2023;
- Costa has up to 50% off sitewide for BFCM 2023;
- Oakley has up to 50% off for Black Friday 2023;
- Pitviper, which makes shades for snow and ski, baseball, running and motorsports, has a rolling discount, which, at last check, was 31% off sitewide.
- Shady Rays has its biggest sale of the season with up to 50% off sitewide;
- Quay has 20% off 2 or more frames;
- Heatwave Visuals, which specializes in performance and protective sunglasses, is “blowing up Black Friday” with mega deals;
- Illesteva has up to 60% off during its biggest sale of the year;
For more on these and other brands, see my guide to the best options for sunglasses for every budget.
Have you found other sales worth mentioning? Share your suggestion in the comments.
About JakeJake is an expert on men’s style and fashion based in Washington, DC. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs and innovative clothing and lifestyle brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. He has published hundreds of articles on style and apparel, and regularly interviews small business CEOs and startup founders about industry trends. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Get $25 off your first experience with Wantable, an amazing online personal styling option for men and women.
* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.