Discover spectacular Black Friday 2021 coupons and discounts on prescription eyeglasses lenses and frames.
Introduction: Eyeglasses and Black Friday
Here at Modern Fellows, I focus a a great deal of attention on the eyes and, separately, on Cyber Monday and Black Friday deals.
I’ve outlined 17 alternatives to Warby Parker that will let you try on eyeglasses at home, uncovered where to buy the cheapest possible prescription eyeglasses online, and investigated whether blue light blocking glasses really work.
Separately, I have been monitoring Black Friday and Cyber Monday clothing and apparel sales Every. Year. Since. 2012. (Check out my list of the best Black Friday 2021 clothing deals for men.)
It turns out that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great times to find discounts, coupon codes and deals on prescription eyeglasses, blue light glasses and reading glasses.
Or, rather, “Cyber Week” is a great time to find these sales and deals, since Black Friday as a standalone day is pretty much dead. (79% of stores launched their Black Friday sales the Monday before Thanksgiving.)
Is Black Friday a good time to buy eyeglasses?
Black Friday is a great time to find deep discounts on prescription eyeglasses and reading glasses. Nearly all major online eyewear retailers offer their best sales of the year. Black Friday also sees sales from some brands, like Felix Gray, who rarely offer discounts.
The Best Black Friday 2021 Deals on Prescription Eyeglasses
- GlassesUSA.com launched its Black Friday 2021 sale with 65% off frames and free Rx lenses, plus free shipping, with code EMAILVIP65. (This is GlassesUSA.com’s biggest sale of the year.) GlassesUSA.com is a stellar option for name-brand prescription eyewear, sunglasses and Blue Light blocking glasses from labels like Ray-Ban, Prada, Persol, Versace, and more.
- Felix Gray takes 15% off their blue-light blocking glasses with coupon code EVERYTHING15 during their Black Friday 2021 sale. Felix Gray rarely has sales.
- Vint & York has up to 50% select styles from its amazing collection of frames for the modern nostalgic. Or use code MODERN15 to get a 15% discount off your entire purchase. Review how Vint & York is reengineering online sales of its glasses amid COVID-19.
- Liingo Eyewear is offering 75% off all lenses with code LENS-75 during its Black Friday 2021 sale. You can save 25% off Liingo Eyewear’s stylish frames with code MODERNFELLOWS. Liingo is one of my favorite destinations for glasses and a great alternative to Warby Parker’s home try on program.
- EyeBuyDirect is offering spectacular savings this Cyber Monday and Black Friday: Buy one, get one free with discount code HAPPYBOGO. EyeBuyDirect is one of the best online stores for cheap eyeglasses.
- Discountglasses.com has a massive 50% off sale during Black Friday 2021. I love my pair of glasses with progressive lenses from Discountglasses.com.
- Zenni Optical has an early Black Friday 2021 sale with $5 off $30, $10 off $50 and $20 off $80 with promo code EBF2021. (During Black Friday 2020, Zenni took up to 20% off all orders with code BF2020.) Along with EyeBuyDirect, Zenni is one of my absolute favorite options for cheap prescription eyeglasses thanks to their more than 1,600 frame and color combinations and complete glasses starting under $7.
- Prive Revaux, known for collabs and endorsements from celebrities like Jamie Foxx, Hailee Steinfeld, Ashley Benson, Jeremy Piven and Dave Osokow, takes 30% off free shipping across its lineup of super-stylish and affordable frames from November 24-28 with code BFWEEK30.
- DIFF is offering 50% off sitewide on eyewear Including Jessie James Decker, H.E.R and Lauren London Collaborations during its Black Friday 2021 sale from November 22-28, 2021.
- Lenskart has early Black Friday savings with up to 50% off storewide.
- Eyeglasses.com offers 20% off sitewide during its Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2021 sale using promo code THANKS4VISION from November 15-29.
- Coastal — Use discount code FRIDAY40 to save up to 80% off frames plus 40% off lenses across Coastal’s range of unique prescription eyeglasses that start at only $19.00.
- Glasses Shop is offering 35% off your entire order (frames and lenses) with code black35 during their Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Abbe Glasses is offering buy one, get one free plus 35% off lenses with code BOGOAB during their 2021 Black Friday sale.
- Goggles4u offers 47% off your entire order with code GET47 during their Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Payne Glasses – Take 20% off orders of $30 or more or 15% off orders of $15 or more during the Black Friday 2021 sale from this San Francisco-based eyeglass startup that offers eyeglasses from just $5.95.
- Roka – Save up to 50% with Austin-based Roka’s Black Friday sale.
- Bonlook has up to 70% off. A complete pair of stylish frames and lenses starts at just $30 after discounts during its Black Friday 2021 sale.
The Best Black Friday 2021 Sales on Reading Glasses and Cheaters
Cyberweek, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are also great times for discounts on readers and cheaters.
- Thin Optics, which makes the world’s thinnest readers and cheaters, takes 40% sitewide during a mega Black Friday 2021 sale.
- Readers.com also takes 40% off everything using Black Friday 2021 discount code FRIDAY40.
- ICU Eyewear, which sells stylish reading glasses (cheaters) and blue light blocking glasses, has a Black Friday 2021 sale that sees 20% Off sitewide plus free USPS Priority Shipping (no code required).
- Clic Readers, which features glasses that breakaway at the bridge for easy on-and-off, offers 20% off sitewide during its Cyber Week 2021 sale with code THANKS21.
- Look Optic has a buy-more-save-more Black Friday and Cyber Monday event: Buy 1 save 20%; buy 2 save 25%; buy 3 or more save 30% across their lineup of readers, Blue Light glasses and sunglasses during their biggest sale ever.
- Foster Grant has 40% of sitewide with FRIDAY40.
- Eyebobs has 25% off its entire lineup of cheaters, Blue Light glasses and all-day readers with code 25HOLIDAY.
For more background, see the Essential Guide to Buying Stylish Reading Glasses and Cheaters (For As Little As $5).
Have you found other sales worth mentioning? Share your suggestion in the comments.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.