This blog focuses a a great deal of attention on the eyes and, separately, on Black Friday deals.
I’ve outlined 17 alternatives to Warby Parker that will let you try on eyeglasses at home, uncovered where to buy the cheapest possible prescription eyeglasses online, and investigated whether blue light blocking glasses really work.
Separately, I have been monitoring Black Friday clothing and apparel sales Every. Year. Since. 2012. (Check out my 2019 list of curated clothing, footwear and lifestyle sales for an overview of this year’s codes and deals.)
This year, I decided to break out separately the best Black Friday discounts, codes and deals on eyeglasses. Or, rather, the best Cyberweek sales and deals, since Black Friday as a standalone day is pretty much dead.
- EyeBuyDirect is offering spectacular savings this Black Friday: Buy one, get one free PLUS another 20% off your entire order with discount code BOGO. EyeBuyDirect is one of my go-to destinations for super-affordable eyeglasses.
- Discountglasses.com – Save 50% during their Black Friday sale. Discountglasses.com is unique in that they will send up to 2 frames with your prescription lenses already installed in their to try-before-you-buy-with-RX-lenses.
- Zenni Optical – Take 20% off all Zenni orders with code BF2019. Along with EyeBuyDirect, Zenni is one of my absolute favorite options for cheap prescription eyeglasses thanks to their more than 1,600 frame and color combinations and complete glasses starting under $7.
- Coastal — Use discount code FRIDAY20 to take up to 50% off Coastal’s range of unique frames that start at only $19.00, which include the company’s standard “air lenses” as well as free shipping and returns.
- Glasses Shop offers buy one get one free during their Black Friday sale.
- Goggles4u is also offering buy one get one free for Cyberweek.
- Loch Eyewear – Use code BFNOV15 for 15% off through November 30 from Canada-based Loch, who makes prescription eyewear and sunglasses from 500-year-old North American timber recovered by scuba divers.
- Payne Glasses – Take 20% off orders over $20 from this San Francisco-based eyeglass startup that offers eyeglasses from just $5.95.
- Felix Gray – Get 15% off Felix Gray’s blue-light blocking glasses through 11/29 with coupon code THANKS15.
- Roka – Save up to 50% through 12/3 with Austin-based Roka’s Black Friday sale.
- Covry is taking 20% off sunwear and accssories with coupon code BFCM20. Covry differentiates itself with an“Elevated Fit®” feature that includes longer nose pads, a reduced frame curvature and a narrowed nose bridge for a more flattering fit for those with low nose bridges and high cheekbones.
Have you found other sales worth mentioning? Share your suggestion in the comments.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Upgrade your work-from-home wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Try these impressive digital native brands for your next Zoom shirt. (Because you need a new Zoom shirt.)
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 78 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover why these 17 innovative menswear brands are among my favorites.
* Browse my favorite men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy unique and colorful socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom shirtmakers.