The only thing better than Black Lapel custom suiting is getting a 50 dollar discount.
It’s no secret that Modern Fellows has been sweet on Black Lapel custom menswear for some time. I first profiled Black Lapel’s co-founders in a September 2012 piece and followed that up with a review of my first Black Lapel custom suit, a charcoal-grey number that “feels complete, personal, and like a suit ought to fit — much more than the sum of its parts.”
In 2014, I chronicled how Black Lapel updated its fit and fabrics and produced a series of stunning short-run custom suiting options for its Fall/Winter collection. In 2016, after an embarrassing wardobe malfunction abroad, I was thankful for Black Lapel’s essential grey suit.
Other reviewers, including on Reddit, Styleforum and Yelp are similarly complementary of Black Lapel Custom Clothiers, and particularly the process of visiting their NYC showroom, where stylists will take your measurements.
Modern Fellows’ readers can get a discount of $50 off their first custom suit from Black Lapel Custom Clothiers using code FTOMODERN.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Get $25 off your first experience with Wantable, an amazing online personal styling option for men and women.
* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.