Get a glimpse inside the most recent guideshop from menswear startup retailer Bonobos in Washington, DC’s Shaw neighborhood.
What is a Bonobos Guideshop?
Inside Bonobos’ Guideshop in Shaw, Washington, DC
Like their other neighborhood and national options, the Shaw guideshop offers a range of merchandise to touch and try on.
Unlike traditional retailers, however, Bonobos doesn’t stock inventory onsite.
Customers get to feel and try on the merchandise. When you find something you like, you can order it in the shop and have it sent directly (and quickly) to you home.
Bonobos is a leader in this inventory-less retail showroom concept and is helping to shape the future of malls and Brick-and-Mortar 2.0.
Expect a range of the company’s signature washed chinos, along with a heavy selection of button-down shirts, suits and neckwear and a rotating cast of seasonal wear and accessories.
The staff is accommodating but not overly solicitous — ready to help but also willing to leave you alone if you just want to look.
Photos taken with permission.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 106 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your work-from-home wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Try these impressive digital native brands for your next Zoom shirt. (Because you need a new Zoom shirt.)
* Browse my favorite men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy unique and colorful socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom shirtmakers.