Discover the best options for buying inexpensive prescription sunglasses online, and coupons from leading brands that make them even cheaper, in this guide.
Recently, I walked into my local vision store with my daughter and started browsing what turned out to be remarkably-expensive prescription sunglasses.
By the time you factor in the designer frames, an additional charge for prescription lenses and upcharges for lens coatings and goodness-knows-what-else, I was looking at paying more than $200 for one pair of prescription sunglasses.
Where to buy affordable prescription sunglasses online
Thankfully, direct-to-consumer eyeglass companies provide much cheaper prescription sunglasses online. Here are my favorites:
- Eyebuydirect is one one of my go-to options for cheap prescription eyeglasses. They have an entire section dedicated to affordable prescription sunglasses, which start at around $30 inclusive of prescription lenses. I like that Eyebuydirect offers a “14-Day Fit & Style guarantee,” which permits customers to request a return or exchange for any reason. If the return occurs within the 14 day period, the company will pay for return shipping.
- Zenni is another one of my favorite options for affordable eyeglasses online. You can turn any of Zenni’s super-cheap frames into sunglasses by adding a “lens tint” option for an additional $4.95. With frames and lenses that start at just $6.95, that means a complete pair of prescription sunglasses start at about $12. Even better, Zenni offers an additional 10% discount for students and teachers.
- Discountglasses.com is an excellent option for, well, discount prescription sunglasses. You should be aware that not all of Discountglasses.com’s sunglasses are eligible for prescription lenses. (I put a pair of sunglasses in my cart and it took me a long time to figure out that the pair wasn’t eligible for prescription lenses.) Discountglasses.com maintains a list of sunglasses that are eligible for prescription lenses. Their sunglass frames start at around $20 plus an additional $9.99 to add standard plastic lenses, putting the minimum total cost for a pair of prescription sunglasses at about $30. You can upgrade to thin and light, impact-resistant, polarized polycarbonate lenses for $39.99. Get a 20% discount off your first Discountglasses.com order with coupon code E76T14GRP.
- Warby Parker offers high-quality prescription sunglasses for men and women starting at $95. Every pair of Warby Parker’s sunglasses features scratch-resistant lenses, which filter out 100% of UVA and UVB rays. They also offer free shipping, free returns, and a terrific home try on program.
- Liingo Eyewear isn’t the cheapest destination on this list for prescription eyewear, but I am a big fan of their customer service, free shipping, free returns and exchanges, and high-quality frames. They also offer a home try-on kit, making them a terrific alternative to Warby Parker. Liingo’s affordable luxury prescription sunglasses cost $149. You can get a 25% discount coupon off your Liingo Eyewear order using code MODERNFELLOWS.
Who is missing from this list of cheap prescription sunglasses? Add your favorite in the comments.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 106 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your work-from-home wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Try these impressive digital native brands for your next Zoom shirt. (Because you need a new Zoom shirt.)
* Browse my favorite men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy unique and colorful socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom shirtmakers.