While Apple will occupy the first floor of the renovated Carnegie Library in Washington DC, and spent billions renovating the space, a fantastic new DC History Center on the second floor of the Carnegie Library is well worth a visit.
Exhibitions upstairs offer glimpses of old Washington, DC. Tucked inside, visitors will find a well-appointed gift shop that showcases products made by DC-based artisans and entrepreneurs as well as the stories behind the products.
Browse interesting accessories from DC-based artist Rose Jaffe along with paintings, jewelry, books, maps and more from a variety of entrepreneurs.
At the gift shop visitors can browse, touch and buy bags, cord keepers and accessories from DC’s Quavaro Artisans and learn more about the journey that took wife and husband team of Pial and Cesar from development professionals to DC fashion entrepreneurs.
Beginning May 11, 2019, visit the exhibits and DC history store on the second floor of the renovated Carnegie Library, 801 K Street, NW (between 7th and 9th streets at Mt. Vernon Square), Tuesdays – Saturdays, 10am to 7pm and Sundays, 12pm to 5pm.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 106 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your work-from-home wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Try these impressive digital native brands for your next Zoom shirt. (Because you need a new Zoom shirt.)
* Browse my favorite men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy unique and colorful socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom shirtmakers.