Mike Boone and Kyle Schroeder founded The Cremo Company in 2005, initially inspired by a desire to create the perfect shaving cream.
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company kitted out an awesome old trailer and set up shop near the convention center in Austin during SXSW.
I had a chance to try their shaving cream (thanks to the sample Cremo provided in Austin). It lacks SLS and other artificial foaming agents, so it’s slick rather than foamy, but makes for a super close shave. And it has a pleasantly subtle and mercifully not overpowering citrus scent.
Other cool stuff:* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.