First hosted in 2015 by Blake Malin and Zach Weiss, the founders of the terrific Worn and Wound website, the Wind Up Watch Fair is now hosted multiple times per year, with the next one coming up April 26-28 in San Francisco, California.
These entrepreneurs showcase a slew of unique, up-and-coming watch brands who make quality pieces at affordable prices. Best of all, the founders of those brands are on hand to meet and answer questions.
At the last Windup Watch Fair in Chelsea Market in Manhattan, Martenero founder John Tarantino was on hand to discuss his unique takes on classic watch styles (his motto: “Tradition Refreshed”). Two of those are pictured above.
Learn more about John’s watch startup and other menswear entrepreneurs making amazing watches like Bespoke Watch Projects and Dan Henry Watches in our guide to where to find watches with Arabic numerals.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* The Essential List: These 52 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.