It’s been an exciting 2014 for menswear and for Modern Fellows. Thank you to all of the entrepreneurs, writers and friends who made it possible for Modern Fellows to share the stories behind the innovators who are helping men dress sharp in the digital age. I’m thankful for the opportunity to write and to get to know so many kind and passionate people, and look forward to a great 2015.
In the meantime, check out how a few friends ended the year 2014 —
- The American Classic recaps its year online
- The gents at Black Lapel advise on choosing the best tuxedo for New Years’ Eve
- Effortless Gent is taking a few weeks off to plan for 2015
- Fine Young Gentleman launches Jay Butler shoe line
- Menswear Style lists the most stylish men of 2014
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* The Essential List: These 41 innovative startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.