Uncover the best hotel rooms with two queen beds in Manhattan, New York. (They’re hard to find!)
In Search of Rooms with Two Queen Beds Among NYC Hotels
Nothing is more infurating than finding an affordable hotel in New York City with availability only to find that you’re faced with the prospect of two cramped double beds.
Given the fact that you can filter hotel preferences on websites like Tripadvisor and Hotels.com for everything from “air conditioning” to “yoga room” to “poolside bar,” it’s maddening that you can’t easily filter hotel room options based on king vs. queen vs. double vs. twin beds.
Around here, I normally write about things like the best destinations for athleisure and alternatives to Away for stylish suitcases. But this post on where to find family-friendly hotel rooms witih two queen beds was born out of frustration, and I hope you find the hours I spent scouring the internet useful.
The List: New York City Hotel Rooms with 2 Queen Beds
Here are all of the Manhattan hotels I have found that offer two queen beds in a room. I’ve listed at the top those NYC hotels that feature free hot breakfast in addition to 2 queen beds:
- Homewood Suites Midtown TImes Square South (from $332), between 8th and 9th Aves, is one of the most family-friendly hotels in New York City with 2 queen beds. The property offers a free hot breakfast, connecting rooms, pet-friendly rooms, a fitness center and much more. Their studio rooms feature 2 queen beds, plus a fully equipped kitchen (utensils, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and twin-burner stove) in 310 square feet of space. My family and I have found Hilton’s Homewood Suites brands to be consistently excellent for our needs.
- Hampton Inn Manhattan Chelsea (from $239) – While many of the Hampton Inns scattered around New York City have double beds, the Hampton Inn Manhattan Chelsea offers two queen beds for its guests, as well as a free hot breakfast.
- Cambria Suites Chelsea (from $233) is one of the more affordable options for New York City rooms with 2 queen beds. Cabria Suites offers deals for AAA Members starting at well under $300 per night. The affordable chain offers 2 queen beds, including accessible rooms, that include free high speed wireless among other touches. Cambria Suites Chelsea gets outstanding reviews on Tripadvisor.
- Hilton Times Square Hotel (from $212) is right in the thick of the action in New York City and boasts rooms with two queen beds for families.
- Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection (from $420) – A central NoMad hotel near Madison Square Park, Hotel Giraffe’s “Balcony Rooms” offer 2 queen beds in about 325 square feet of space, with French glass doors and a “Juliet Balcony.” (I’ve stayed at their sister property, the Library Hotel a number of times, and love its high-end touches and excellent service.)
- Doubletree by Hilton New York Times Square South (from $323), a Hilton Property, is located in Midtown Manhattan by Madison Square Garden and has rooms with 2 queen beds.
- The Conrad New York Midtown (from $650) is a luxury Hilton-owned hotel on West 54th Street close to Broadway that offers rooms with 2 queen beds.
- The Ned NoMad (from $675) – This gorgeous, luxury NoMad hotel is right on Broadway near the Empire State Building, boasts several restaurants, and offers Family Rooms featuring 2 queen beds in 419 square feet of space.
- The Fifty Sonesta Select New York (from $385) in Midtown-Manhattan near Grand Central Station is an Affinia hotel that has affordable famiily-friendly rooms with 2 Queen Beds in 325 sqare feet of space.
- The Shelburne Sonesta New York (from $316), another Affinia hotel in Murray Hill has an on-site health club and sports rooms with two queen beds over 398 square feet of space.
- Park Lane New York (from $464), at 36 Central Park South, features rooms with two queen beds in 430 square feet of space. Some rooms overlook Central Park.
- 60 LES (from $349) – The trendy Sixty Hotel on the Lower East Side has “double queen studios” with 2 queen beds.
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea (from $270) – Some of the rooms in this Marriott-owned Chelsea hotel have 2 queen beds.
- World Center Hotel – A boutique hotel in Lower Manhattan close to One World Trade Center, the World Center hotel offers family rooms with two queen beds and also has an on-site restaurant.
- The Placemakr Wall Street (from $329) is an affordable “apart-hotel” in NYC’s Financial District within walking distance to Wall Street. This hotel gets stellar reviews, and offers family friendly rooms with 1 Queen Bed and 1 Queen Murphy Bed.
Hotels with a Queen Bed Plus Sofa Bed
Other family-friendly hotels offer a queen (or king) bed plus a separate sofa bed:
- The Hotel Beacon on the Upper West Side has a 1 bedroom queen suite paired with a sofa bed.
- Courtyard New York Manhattan/ Midtown East ($280), near 5th Ave, gets fabulous reviews and has deluxe family-friendly rooms that feature 1 King Bed with a separate double sofa bed.
Map: New York City Hotels with 2 Queen Beds
What is Your Favorite NYC Hotel with 2 Queen Beds?
Have you stayed in any of the hotel options listed here? Are there others you would add to the list? Let me know in the comments.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Get $25 off your first experience with Wantable, an amazing online personal styling option for men and women.
* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.