Opened in the fall of 2011, Brooks Brothers’ Georgetown digs and staff are leading a younger, hipper refresh of the iconic American brand, featuring slim silhouettes and Thom Brown-designed, Made in America Black Fleece suits. Here’s a look inside and outside.
For years I shied away from Brooks Brothers, which was a little too preppy and whose dress shirts and suits were much too baggy for my tastes.
The preppy is still there, as you can see from the pictures below, but the Georgetown store is a terrific spotlight on the slimmer silhouettes and refined style that Brooks Brothers has embraced in recent years.
According to staff at the Dupont Circle outpost, the bulk of Brooks’ slim-fit styles from stores in the DC-metro area were sent to Georgetown, including the entire Black Fleece collection.
They have crafted an inviting space, complete with a basement pool table and bar, an outdoor patio and fountain, and a full kitchen (not pictured).
While Brooks has no plans to open a cafe a la Ralph Lauren’s Rugby around the corner, it must make catering special events easy.
I appreciate the hospitality from the staff there, who are clearly enthusiastic about the Georgetown concept.
Photos taken with permission.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.