Look inside The Tie Bar’s newest storefront featuring its signature affordable ties and socks as well as shirts, pants and other menswear accessories in Washington, DC.
Sandwiched into a storefront across from the longstanding Whole Foods in Logan Circle, the Tie Bar features Instagramable, color-coded wall displays of its $19 and $25 ties as well as lapel flowers, tie clips, socks and more.
The store, which opened in July 2018, is located at 1431 P Street and serves as the Chicago-based menswear startup’s sixth brick-and-mortar location.
It is the latest physical store for the company, which also maintains stores in Chicago, New York, Boston and Philly, and another sign of online-first menswear startups looking to develop a physical storefront to get in front of potential customers.
Among other things, The Tie Bar is a great place to score fashion to fit with the Dark and Light Academia aesthetics.
The DC store’s hours are Monday-Friday from 11 AM – 8 PM, Saturday from 11 AM – 8 PM and Sunday from 11 AM – 6 PM.
Photo credits: Photos copyright Modern Fellows; taken with permission.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.