These are the best July 4 and summer sales I’ve found so far for men’s clothing and shoes for 2020.
Around here, I try to keep track as best I can of some of the best direct-to-consumer menswear brands, including a variety of the sales and deals those companies offer.
Clothing sales tend to cluster around major holidays.
The best sales tend to happen around Cyberweek, including Black Friday and Cybermonday. After Christmas and end-of-the-year clearance sales are also usually very good.
July is also a great time for deals on men’s clothing and shoes. The week surrounding July 4 is a good bet for deals on summer clothing and new fall collections.
For the past few years, mid-July has also seen massive deals from Amazon Prime Day, which has led other companies like eBay and Bonobos to offer competing sales. In 2020, Amazon delayed Prime Day to September in light of the coronavirus.
Try these summer sale deals on for size:
- Ledbury is one of my favorite menswear brands around. Take up to 40% regular prices during their summer sale. Also, Take an additional 20% off at Ledbury with code MOD20 through July 31.
- Taylor Stitch is offering a coupon for 30% off sitewide. Their sale ends July 5.
- Brooks Brothers’ Fourth of July event offers sales of 30-50% off select styles plus up to 70% off clearance.
- Hugh and Crye, the terrific menswear startup based in Washington, DC, is taking 40% orders of two items or more.
- Todd Shelton is having a shirt sale; take an additional 10% off with no-rush production of their stylish Made-in-America shirts.
- Grayers is having a flash sale with 35% sitewide, and deals of up to 60% using code THANKS.
- DSTLD, which specializes in denim, is having a flash sale on t-shirts — 3 for 1 with code BREEZY.
- Scarosso is taking up to 50% off its Italian-made shoes during its summer sale.
Happy Fourth of July!
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* The Essential List: These 52 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.