Explore the critical details of expedited shipping deadlines to get your unique and thoughtful last minute gifts by Christmas Eve.
Amazon, Walmart and Target have spoiled consumers with free one, two, or even same-day shipping.
If you’re looking for more unique and thoughtful gifts than you can find at a big box store, many innovative, independent clothing and apparel brands and smaller retailers offer expedited shipping and last minute gift options as well.
Don’t get me wrong. Amazon and Target are great. Amazon’s Prime Fashion brands for men (as well as Amazon’s women’s brands) are solid choices, and Target stocks a number of accessories and grooming products from innovative independent brands as well as their own attractive Goodfellow fashion brand for men.
But by giving a gift from an innovative, entrepreneurial retailer offers the chance to tell a unique story to make the gift more meaningful.
Here are last-minute shopping options for unique and special gift ideas from small businesses, innovative brands and independent retailers (and a couple of large brands thrown in too) that will enable you to receive your gift by Christmas Eve.
- Nordstrom – Instead of ordering online, overpaying for shipping and hoping you receive your gift by Christmas Eve, I highly recommend visiting Nordstrom if you have the opportunity. Nordstrom carries a number of innovative menswear (and womenswear) brands including Bonobos, Bombas and other brands that I love to cover here at Modern Fellows, and their customer service is stellar.
- Apple – Order online by 4:30 pm on 22 December to receive by 23 December, or pick up at an Apple Store. Because, of course.
- Bombas offers $20 overnight shipping on its socks with a purpose (they give a pair for every pair you buy).
- Brooks Brothers – Order by December 21 at noon for $5 two-day shipping, or noon December 22 with (not free) next-day shipping.
- Cobbler Union offers free two day shipping with a December 19 deadline to expect delivery by Christmas.
- Instrmnt – order minimalist watches from this UK-based company by December 19 for Christmas Even delivery to the United States. (UK-based customers can order through December 23.)
- The Normal Brand offers expedited shipping on December 21 only.
- Todd Snyder offers (not free) next day shipping by noon December 20 to expect delivery by Christmas Eve.
What other retailers offer great last-minute gift options? Leave your thoughts in the comments.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.