Richmond-based menswear brand Ledbury — a longtime favorite of Modern Fellows — has launched a permanent shop in Washington, DC along Cady’s Alley in Georgetown. Ledbury made the decision after a series of pop-up shops in Georgetown over the past several holiday seasons.
The online brand has put an emphasis on getting in front of potential customers through a retail outlet in Richmond and by participating in select projects such as Northern Grade. The small DC shop will serve as a showroom — similar to Bonobos’ outpost around the corner in Cady’s Alley — where customers can look through and try out the company’s line and place an order for fast shipment to their homes.
Their shop will also include Ledbury’s made-to-measure shirtmaking services. CEO Paul Trible said that he is, “especially excited to give D.C. access to our made-to-measure shirtmaking for the first time. This service was tailor-made for the Capital City.”
Ledbury officially launched the store with a party on Friday, April 29, and opened to customers on Saturday, April 30.
Trible noted that “Washington, D.C., is currently our second strongest market,” and he thinks it can be their first.
Ledbury, 3319A Cady’s Alley NW, Washington, DC 20007; Tel: 202 796 2626; open Sunday–Thursday: 11am–7pm, Friday–Saturday: 11am–8pm
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Get $25 off your first experience with Wantable, an amazing online personal styling option for men and women.
* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.