Discover the most unique designer slippers for men from luxury brands to add elegance and stylishness to any moment of the day, including when you’re relaxing at home alone in your pajamas.
In Search of Men’s Luxury Slippers
Men’s slippers from luxury brands are definitely an indulgence.
Starting at about $200 and rising to more than $1,700 for the highest-of-the-high end luxury brands, designer slippers for men aren’t cheap. (If you’re looking for more affordable options, see this guide to the coziest outdoor slippers for men.)
Sure they provide practical benefits like warmth and comfort, but designer slippers offer an opportunity to enjoy a cozy knockaround piece that captures some of the glamour of a high-end luxury brand.
Luxury men’s slippers are also made exceptionally well, demonstrating an elevated level of craftsmanship and design. The best brands use high-quality materials, such as leather or wool derived from excellent sources. The construction of each slipper gives it durability and makes them look and feel wonderful (as they ought to, for these prices).
The Most Exclusive Luxury Slippers for Men
- Christian Louboutin — One of the most famous shoe designers in the world, Christian Louboutin’s red-soled shoes grace celebrities worldwide. Look to Christian Louboutin for lux slippers adorned with premium materials like leather, velvet and shearling for around $750-$1,000. Shop Christian Loubotin designer slippers for men via Neimann Marcus, Harrod’s, Matches Fashion and Mr. Porter.
- Gucci — As one of the most popular and influential luxury brands in the world, Gucci is worth checking out for products beyond its iconic bags. Gucci’s designer slippers for men have a variety of elegant qualities, including the Italian brand’s distinctive horsebit detail and the use of fine leather. The prices range from several hundred dollars to over $2,600 for a pair of fur-lined crocodile slippers.
- Manolo Blahnik — Although the brilliant shoe designer is best known for gorgeous heels for women, the London-based Manolo Blahnik brand also produces finely crafted men’s slippers. Priced at roughly $700 to $800, these slip-on shoes are made of leather and suede, and they contain goat-skin lining. They also feature beautiful details, such as broguing or fringe.
- Tom Ford — After serving as the wildly successful creative director of Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent, Tom Ford started his own luxury brand. The brand’s designer slippers for men range in price from $1,550 to $1,790 and have elegant features, such as a shearling lining and velvet with a zebra pattern. (Tom Ford is also one of my favorite destinations for expensive luxury ties for men and swanky designer men’s sunglasses.)
- Frette — High-end loungewear from Frette is what you could wear in the spa of a five-star hotel, and each type of slipper the brand offers epitomizes luxurious comfort. Made in Italy, the men’s slippers may come with cashmere lining and an upper component made of soft suede; one type of slipper is also embroidered in cotton velvet. The prices range from $350 to $475.
- Balmain — This glamorous French fashion house, which was revitalized in the past decade under a remarkably young creative director, is always worth following to see what it will produce next. Comfortable slip-on shoes from Balmain include mule slides made of quilted lambskin leather. Available for several hundred dollars from Bergdorf Goodman, they have a thick platform that elevates you comfortably.
- Loewe — Launched in the 19th century by a group of leather craftsmen, this innovative Spanish luxury house uses durable leather soles for its designer slippers. Ranging from $590 to $790, these superbly crafted items are made of fleece or shearling, and they have a calfskin tab embossed with the logo for the brand’s Anagram collection.
- John Lobb — In the 19th century, John Lobb became a bootmaker to royalty and also created a hollow-heeled boot in which miners could smuggle gold. Beyond boots, the exclusive brand excels at a wide range of footwear and sells some of the most expensive shoes for men. John Lobb’s luxury slippers for men are crafted in cashmere suede or lamb’s leather. These are available at around $700.
- Kingsman — Mr. Porter, the world-famous retailer for luxury menswear, has launched multiple collections of clothing inspired by the impeccable outfits in the “Kingsman” franchise. You can picture one of the stylish film characters lounging at home in slippers made by George Cleverley, the renowned British shoemaker. These items, which range from $325 to $745, all have black leather soles, and their uppers are made of velvet or cashmere.
- Marni — The Milan-based Marni is known for its playful and unconventional luxury clothes, and its men’s slip-on shoes reflect these qualities. These shoes, which cost several hundred dollars, have uppers of calfskin or shearling and leather insoles that mold to your feet. They’re also textured with fine hair or delightfully soft sheepskin, and some have vibrant colors.
- Zegna — This family-owned Italian luxury giant, which recently went public on the New York Stock Exchange, is known for its exquisite menswear, including luxurious custom-tailored suiting and stylish house shoes. Priced between $800 and $900, the company’s slip-on shoes are made of kangaroo leather with soles of tonal rubber or deerskin lined with warm cashmere.
- Moncler — What has propelled this European luxury brand to fame is its chic and durable outerwear, but it also produces slip-on shoes that are great to wear on a relaxing day indoors. Through Mr. Porter, for example, you can obtain Moncler suede clogs priced at $525. Made in Italy, they’re lined with faux shearling and have comfortable cushioning.
- Charvet — One of the great Parisian shirtmakers of the 19th century, Charvet continues to design exquisite attire and has clothed many famous people, from kings to U.S. presidents. Charvet has also branched into luxury slippers for men, which are suede with leather linings and cushioned soles. With prices between $400 and $500, you can find these at multiple retailers, including Mr. Porter and Bergdorf Goodman.
- Thom Sweeney — Excelling at both bespoke and ready-to-wear luxury menswear, this British brand provides elegant clothing for any occasion, including your moments of leisure. Made in Italy, the brand’s soft and cozy luxury slippers are available at $420 through the Thom Sweeney site and for roughly $50 more through Mr. Porter. They’re made from calf’s suede and lined with knitted cashmere.
- Thom Browne — Acquired by Zegna in 2018, this American brand is best known for innovative suit designs and for being Michelle Obama’s choice at the 2013 presidential inauguration. Priced at several hundred dollars, the brand’s luxury slippers for men exude refinement and whimsical flair, as many of them have tonal floppy ears. The composition, which varies from one slipper to another, includes goat-skin lining and shearling uppers.
- Quoddy — For durable, beautiful footwear that’s made by hand using traditional techniques, you can turn to Quoddy, which is based in Maine. Priced between $180 and $200, the supremely comfortable men’s slippers have either a moccasin construction or the design of a charming slipper boot. They’re predominantly made of twin-face sheepskin with different kinds of leather accents.
- Rubinacci — Known best for its outstanding bespoke suits, Rubinacci offers a range of high-quality apparel, including luxury slippers for men. For a few hundred dollars, you can enjoy a pair made in Italy out of suede. The cushioned leather soles sport the name of this exclusive brand, adding elegance to the slippers.
- The Row — Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen built the Row, a small empire for understated luxury fashion. The Row makes a small collection of expensive luxury slippers and leather slip on house shoes for men.
- Paul Smith — This innovative British designer, who first learned fashion design from his wife, has been an influential force in high-end menswear for decades. His brand’s designer slippers for men include moccasin-style footwear in premium suede. Priced between $150 and $300, slip-on shoes from Paul Smith have lovely features, including saddle-stitch detailing and a trim with the brand’s signature striping. (I love walking around Paul Smith’s shops in London.)
- Grenson — When buying from this British brand, you’re enjoying the fruits of handmade craftsmanship, traditional shoemaking techniques applied with rigorous skill. Priced at roughly $300, the designer slippers for men are snug and beautifully made with shearling, sheepskin, or suede. Most are backless, but one of them is inspired by the design of a penny loafer.
- Mulo — This London-based brand devotes itself entirely to the design and craftsmanship of high-end handmade shoes for men, the silhouette of each inspired by an Oxford dress shoe. Designer slippers from Mulo draw on a variety of materials, including leather, corduroy, flannel, velvet, suede, and sheepskin. The prices range between roughly $200 and $300.
- Paul Stuart — Luxury tailored clothing is the specialty of this New York brand, which also offers a variety of slip-on shoes crafted beautifully in Italy. The designer slippers for men include the cozy Hampton, which is made of suede, and the Hamilton II, made of leather and bearing an embroidered logo. The cost of these shoes generally ranges from a couple of hundred to several hundred dollars.
- Derek Rose — As a well-respected luxury lifestyle brand, Derek Rose specializes in clothes for leisure and lounging, and the offerings include men’s slippers that help your stress melt away. Your choices from this British brand include emerald or navy suede and calfskin leather, and the footbed of each slipper is softened with sheepskin. The prices hover at a little under $300.
- Ugg — Although boots are the most well-known items from Ugg, the company offers many kinds of footwear, including designer slippers that display the Ugg logo. Many of these range from $80 to $100, and they come with features characteristic of Ugg, such as high-quality suede, plush wool, and sheepskin insoles or lining. The outer soles typically have the brand’s proprietary Treadlite compound, which improves traction and durability.
- Versace — Glamour and audacity characterize the Versace brand, and you can see these qualities in the company’s collection of unisex luxury slippers. These princely pieces of footwear, which range from $175 to $475, are made from high-quality cotton and display the Italian company’s Medusa logo in gold. Some of them are also embellished with more intricate designs.
- Birkenstock — Most famous for its iconic sandals, Birkenstock also offers luxury slippers made of high-quality materials, such as a shearling lining and outer soles made of leather. Each casually elegant slipper has the company’s signature cork-latex footbed, molding easily to your feet. The centuries-old German company, which was acquired by a luxury fashion conglomerate in 2021, prices the slippers in the range of $90 to $200.
- 4SDesigns — Even though this brand was launched in January 2020, it has already made a strong impression with its luxury streetwear and has appeared at the 2022 Met Gala. For men’s slippers, the options are well-engineered suede clogs priced at roughly $500 to $600. They display the brand’s emblem, and the soles are wood reinforced with rubber, making them suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Dolce & Gabbana — There’s grandeur and vibrant artistry in Dolce & Gabbana products, and you can spot these qualities in their selection of men’s luxury slippers. The world-famous Italian brand offers rich calfskin slippers in brown or black and more vibrant slipper varieties with sequins, jacquard uppers, or embroidered velvet. The prices range from roughly $950 to $1,200.
- Prada — The Italian fashion powerhouse embodies stylishness, creativity, and elegance in everything it makes, from iconic handbags to buttery-soft driving shoes and designer slippers for men. Whether it’s made of suede or leather with a shearling lining, each slipper has the Prada logo on it in an enameled metal triangle. The prices for Prada’s luxury slippers for men range from $880 to $1,100.
- Balenciaga made its mark in fashion history by revolutionizing women’s clothes in the 20th century, but the brand’s superior craftsmanship and design extend to men’s apparel as well. Available at multiple high-end retailers, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Balenciaga luxury slippers are typically priced between $600 and $700. Made in Italy, they have leather uppers and soles, and one variety sports the Balenciaga logo in gold hardware.
- Inabo — This Swedish brand specializes in exquisitely crafted handmade slippers. The men’s collection includes the brand’s Slofers, a combination of slipper and loafer, and each item is made of high-quality materials, such as nappa leather, lamb suede, and shearling. When not on sale, the men’s footwear at Inabo ranges from roughly $240 to $320, and the company does ship overseas.
Which Luxury Slippers Are Your Top Pick?
Maybe you have a favorite brand or a favorite kind of material or design. Feel free to share your thoughts about the kinds of qualities you’re looking for in a luxury slipper.
Photo credit: Featured photo by Giorgio Trovato via Unsplash.
About JakeJake is an expert on men’s style and fashion based in Washington, DC. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs and innovative clothing and lifestyle brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. He has published hundreds of articles on style and apparel, and regularly interviews small business CEOs and startup founders about industry trends. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Get $25 off your first experience with Wantable, an amazing online personal styling option for men and women.
* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.