Men of the Cloth, “an inspiring portrait of three Italian master tailors who confront the decline of the apprentice system in the twilight of their career,” is coming to the West End Cinema on October 14 at 7pm.
More details are below. Thanks to Image Granted for the tip —
COMING TO THE WEST END CINEMA
Click here to buy tickets or call 202-419-3456
westendcinema.com • menoftheclothfilm.com
Men of the Cloth is an inspiring portrait of three Italian master tailors who confront the decline of the apprentice system in the twilight of their career. The film features U.S. tailors Nino Corvato and Joe Centofanti (who both work as traditional custom tailors) and Checchino Fonticoli, who spends his entire career at Brioni, the luxury clothing firm based in Italy. These artisans possess skills honed over the course of a lifetime, and create clothing that’s as beautiful inside as it is outside. Filmed over the course of eleven years,Men of the Cloth reveals how their passionate devotion to their Old World craft is akin to a religion.
This screening will be followed by a Q&A with director Vicki Vasilopoulos and Sofio Barone, founder and head designer at Sofio’s Custom Clothiers and Tailors in Tyson’s Corner,VA, and moderated by Grant Harris, blogger and founder of the DC-based menswear consultancy, Image Granted.
Tuesday October 14th at 7 pm
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 106 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your work-from-home wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Try these impressive digital native brands for your next Zoom shirt. (Because you need a new Zoom shirt.)
* Browse my favorite men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy unique and colorful socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom shirtmakers.