Men of the Cloth, “an inspiring portrait of three Italian master tailors who confront the decline of the apprentice system in the twilight of their career,” is coming to the West End Cinema on October 14 at 7pm.
More details are below. Thanks to Image Granted for the tip —
COMING TO THE WEST END CINEMA
Click here to buy tickets or call 202-419-3456
westendcinema.com • menoftheclothfilm.com
Men of the Cloth is an inspiring portrait of three Italian master tailors who confront the decline of the apprentice system in the twilight of their career. The film features U.S. tailors Nino Corvato and Joe Centofanti (who both work as traditional custom tailors) and Checchino Fonticoli, who spends his entire career at Brioni, the luxury clothing firm based in Italy. These artisans possess skills honed over the course of a lifetime, and create clothing that’s as beautiful inside as it is outside. Filmed over the course of eleven years,Men of the Cloth reveals how their passionate devotion to their Old World craft is akin to a religion.
This screening will be followed by a Q&A with director Vicki Vasilopoulos and Sofio Barone, founder and head designer at Sofio’s Custom Clothiers and Tailors in Tyson’s Corner,VA, and moderated by Grant Harris, blogger and founder of the DC-based menswear consultancy, Image Granted.
Tuesday October 14th at 7 pm
Other cool stuff:* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.