Online prescription eyeglass company Felix and Iris has shut down effective December 21, 2020.
In a note posted to its website, Felix and Iris writes:
To the felix + iris community,
As of 12/21/2020, felix + iris has discontinued operations.
Over the years, felix + iris has remained committed to helping you look and feel your best in affordable prescription eyewear you can purchase from the comfort of your home. From building relationships with customers and eyecare professionals to providing guidance on the best frames for you from your Fit Kit, we’ve enjoyed the journey. Our deepest appreciation to everyone we’ve met and who shopped with us along the way.
With gratitude,Felix and Iris homepage, accessed January 12, 2021.
The felix + iris team
Based in Indiana, Felix and Iris was part of One Click Ventures, an umbrella company founded by Randy & Angie Stocklin.
One Click Ventures also own Readers.com, an excellent online option for cheap cheaters, and Sunglass Warehouse, an online destination for nonprescription sunglasses.
While it didn’t sell the absolute cheapest online eyeglasses, Felix and Iris was an excellent alternative to Warby Parker’s home try on program.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Get $25 off your first experience with Wantable, an amazing online personal styling option for men and women.
* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.