Online prescription eyeglass company Felix and Iris has shut down effective December 21, 2020.
In a note posted to its website, Felix and Iris writes:
To the felix + iris community,
As of 12/21/2020, felix + iris has discontinued operations.
Over the years, felix + iris has remained committed to helping you look and feel your best in affordable prescription eyewear you can purchase from the comfort of your home. From building relationships with customers and eyecare professionals to providing guidance on the best frames for you from your Fit Kit, we’ve enjoyed the journey. Our deepest appreciation to everyone we’ve met and who shopped with us along the way.
With gratitude,Felix and Iris homepage, accessed January 12, 2021.
The felix + iris team
Based in Indiana, Felix and Iris was part of One Click Ventures, an umbrella company founded by Randy & Angie Stocklin.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Upgrade your work-from-home wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Try these impressive digital native brands for your next Zoom shirt. (Because you need a new Zoom shirt.)
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 78 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover why these 17 innovative menswear brands are among my favorites.
* Browse my favorite men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy unique and colorful socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom shirtmakers.