How does Cremo’s American-made barber grade hair styling cream stack up? Here’s my quick review:
I’m a sucker for free samples. So when I wandered around Austin during SXSW and saw the Cremo company dolling out trial-sizes of its hair, beard and grooming products from a reconditioned airstream trailer, I stopped to chat.
About the Cremo Company
Frustrated because they couldn’t find the perfect shaving cream, founders Kyle Schroeder and Mike Boone set out to create their own. They launched the Cremo Company way back in 2005 from Santa Monica, California. Today their products can be found in major retailers worldwide, including Amazon, Target, Rite Aid, Walgreens and Walmart.
I didn’t have time to get a haircut or shave at their make-shift grooming lounge, but Cremo gave me small samples of their shaving cream and face wash and a rather large sample of their barber grade hair styling cream, which you can grab at Amazon.
(Curious about Cremo’s shaving products? See my quick review of Cremo’s shaving cream.)
Review: Cremo’s Barber-Grade Styling Cream
It took me a while to even try the styling cream. Change can be hard sometimes, and I hadn’t been a fan of some other cremes and styling products that I had tried in the past.
Finally, one day I took a small swipe of what might better be described as paste and swept it through my hair.
My initial impressions:
- It’s sticky.
- You only need a very small amount to get a good hold.
- It added the slightest shine.
- Importantly, it’s extremely light and doesn’t weigh your hair down like a gel.
I liked it. I continue to like it. And I continue to use it. Cremo’s barber grade hair styling cream has become my go-to hair styling product in the morning.
And that’s why they give out free samples.
Other cool stuff:* The Essential List: These 26 innovative startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Discover more than 30 thoughtful gift ideas for men from unique shirts to colorful socks
* Shop Modern Fellows' list of recommended menswear brands.
* Search 12 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for the Modern Dad for Fathers' Day, Christmas or his birthday
* Browse our list of essential men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy men's socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers
* Find Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* Explore 10 options for amazing chinos from these menswear startup alternatives to Brooks Brothers.
* Get $25 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of our favorite online custom tailors.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of our favorite online custom shirtmakers.