Taft Clothing makes super-unique shoes and boots for men, blending materials, colors and patterns in really interesting ways. Their newest addition, the Hiro Boot, is no exception.
Like with their other shoes, Taft created an interesting update to a classic style. The Hiro Boot is a modern take on classic Chelsea Boots for men.
Chelsea Boots are known for their versatility, comfort and ease of wear (you just slip them on).
Taft takes that platform and kicks it up a notch with quality construction, materials and detailing.
In terms of materials, the upper is made from vegetable-tanned, chromium-free, full-grain Italian boxcalf leather. The counter strip of full grain leather along the heel features distinct and very interesting embossed croc detailing.
The interior is lined completely with natural calfskin, which makes for better comfort and less break-in time for new shoes, while the sole is made from stacked leather and a rubber insert.
Handmade by artisans in Spain, the Hiro Boot is stitched together using Blake Construction.
All of Taft’s leathers are painted by hand, and are hand-cut and stitched, which enables artisans to select the best parts of the hide for use.
This is a limited release, so get your hands on them while you still can.
And if you’re looking for other options, explore Modern Fellows’ guide to where to buy dress shoes for men online.
Photo credit: Photos are courtesy of Taft Clothing.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Upgrade your work-from-home wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Try these impressive digital native brands for your next Zoom shirt. (Because you need a new Zoom shirt.)
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 78 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover why these 17 innovative menswear brands are among my favorites.
* Browse my favorite men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy unique and colorful socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom shirtmakers.