Canadian men’s clothing brand Wings and Horns will “press pause” on the brand.
In an unsigned post on its website, Wings and Horns announced that,
After 17 years, we are pressing pause on the brand and working on what’s next. We don’t yet know the form, or when we will return, but wings+horns will be undergoing a change in direction from where we are currently.The Next Chapter
Craig Atkinson founded Wings and Horns in 2004 after years of making apparel in Japan. The Canada-based company made its clothing via a factory in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Wings and Horns made a name for itself offering elevated, Made-in-Canada basics including tee shirts, military-inspired shirts and jackets, field pants and chinos, and leather sneakers.
Over the past year, Wings and Horns failed to release new collections and its online inventory dwindled.
Atkinson is also the founder of Reigning Champ, which makes high-end active wear and athleisure for men and women. While Wings and Horns may be winding down, or at least pausing, Reigning Champ’s website shows a fully-stocked selection of goods.
Photo credit: Photo by Craig Whitehead via Unsplash.
About JakeJake is an expert on men’s style and fashion based in Washington, DC. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs and innovative clothing and lifestyle brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. He has published hundreds of articles on style and apparel, and regularly interviews small business CEOs and startup founders about industry trends. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Get $25 off your first experience with Wantable, an amazing online personal styling option for men and women.
* Take 10% off your first order from Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.