Now based in Long Island’s Nassau County, the company has existed in its current form since June 2014 under the leadership of Ricardo Goldschmidt (pictured below right), Harry Cedarbaum, Asher Weinberger (pictured below left) and Eli Blumstein, though it is an extension of a shirting business founded by Goldschmidt’s great-grandfather in Germany in the 19th Century.
Its multi-generational leadership preaches a “trifecta of manufacturing expertise + ambitious philanthropy + transformative technology” to adapt to the new digital age of retail. That ambitious philanthropy includes a program called Re Purpose, which encourages and facilitates the ability of customers to donate their gently-worn shirts to charity as they buy new shirts from Twillory.
While their focus is on fair-deal shirting (4 dress shirts for $199 with code STOCKUP), Twillory has also launched an attractive collection of ties. The impressive-if-so-far small selection includes several knitted ties and a diverse selection of stripes, dots and designs, including this bold Blue Polka Dot number that — at 2.75 inches across — is, in our opinion, the perfect width.
Photo credits: Twillory.com
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 125 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your business casual wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover the best places to buy colorful socks online.