Thanks to the internet, iconic American clothing brands and e-commerce retailers are shipping internationally to destinations including Canada, China, Europe, India, Japan, Brazil, the United Kingdom and elsewhere. Discover amazing American style brands and fashion shops that will ship internationally from the United States everything from quality clothing, accessories, and shoes to eyeglasses and housewares.
While the COVID-19 pandemic is compounding the retail apocalypse that continues to buffet department stores and retailers, innovative American clothing brands and e-commerce retailers remain ready to serve a global marketplace.
Below is a list of American fashion brands and e-commerce shops that ship internationally.
Disclaimer: I have done my best to indicate where specific companies ship, and to link to relevant shipping and “Frequently-Asked Questions” (FAQ) pages, but this list is not meant to be definitive. Please check with individual companies to confirm shipping policies and procedures and note that not every brand below ships to every country or territory.
Featured clothing brands and retailers that ship internationally
These are some of my favorite brands that ship internationally.
- Nordstrom is one of my favorite American online shopping destinations. The retailer is an incredible destination to discover a variety of established and up and coming fashion brands like Anthropologie, Alex Mill, Alice + Olivia, Allsaints, Bombas, Bonobos, Faherty, J. Crew, Madewell, Patagonia, Wit & Wisdom and more. The Washington State-based retailer has been a longtime innovator in e-commerce. Nordstrom’s website sports an intuitive interface with useful sorting and filtering features. Nordstrom ships internationally via Borderfree by Pitney Bowes.
- Everlane has been operating since 2011 with a focus on transparent pricing, ethical sourcing and outstanding basic apparel pieces for women and men like t-shirts, incredibly soft cashmere sweaters (I have several), pants, outerwear and dresses. Everlane ships to a wide variety of foreign countries including Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Nigeria and the United Kingdom.
- Ministry of Supply, founded by MIT university graduates, sells performance professional wear for women and men. Learn more about Ministry of Supply in this guide to athleisure and workleisure clothing, and learn Ministry of Supply co-founder Aman Advani’s advice for what article of clothing you should buy first. (Ministry of Supply is also 3D-printing face masks to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.) Ministry of Supply ships internationally.
- Oliver Cabell, founded in 2016 by Scott Gabrielson, is a direct-to-consumer affordable luxury brand that sells luxury-without-the-markup footwear for men and women including attractive boots, slip-ons and leather sneakers. See why I think their minimalist low top leather sneakers live up to their premium billing. Oliver Cabell ships worldwide via DHL for free on orders over US$170.
- Away Travel makes my absolute favorite luggage. Jen Rubio and Steph Korey launched Away Travel, the Warby Parker of luggage, in 2016. I love Away’s nylon expandable bigger carry on, and long for the COVID19 pandemic to subside so I can return to traveling. According to its website, Away ships internationally to Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
- Huckberry curates a really impressive selection of men’s clothing, accessories and home goods, sprinkling in its own house brands like Flint and Tinder among third-party offerings. Huckberry ships to a number of countries around the world including Argentina, Australia, Austria, the Bahamas, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the British and US Virgin Islands.
- Todd Snyder is one of my absolute favorite destinations for high quality clothing for men. His online shop, like his flagship store in Manhattan, is a spectacular destination for a whole range of modern menswear from his own label, including suits, dress shirts, chinos, cufflinks and more, alongside selections from brands including Alden, Drake’s and Timex. Todd Snyder’s clothing is not cheap, but it’s worth the splurge when you can. Explore details on Todd Snyder’s international shipping policies.
- Bonobos is one of my favorite modern bricks-and-clicks department stores for men. While they started out specializing in chinos, today they carry a range of really interesting clothing and accessories. Look at this guide to a Bonobos Guide Shops like this one in DC’s Shaw to get a feel for their clothes. Last I checked, Bonobos ships internationally to Australia, Canada, Japan, Madagascar, Mexico, New Zealand and Peru.
These iconic and innovative American clothing and style retailers ship internationally
Here are more stellar fashion brands and retailers that ship clothes, shoes and accessories for women and men internationally.
- Amazon sells just about everything, including an increasingly attractive stable of men’s clothing, accessories, shoes and grooming products. The company has developed a full line of Amazon Prime menswear labels including Goodthreads, Buttoned Down, Brass Tacks and Urbane Shoes Co. Amazon also sells a massive number of interesting and unique menswear brands like Moral Code (sneakers and shoes) and Unsimply Stitched (colorful socks). The Seattle-based retailer has also built out a wide selection of Amazon Prime Brands for women including Lark and Ro, Daily Ritual and Wild Meadow. Amazon offers international shipping to over 100 countries across the world from its global Amazon.com platform, and via a series of national electronic storefronts in places like Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, China and Japan.
- Bombas‘ colorful socks can be shipped to Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom for a flat rate that includes freight, duty, taxes and associated fees. YOu can also purchase Bombas socks from Nordstrom.
- Brooks Brothers has been innovating and manufacturing in America since 1818. Their formal and casual preppy wardrobe pieces for men and women exude Americana, though their recent bankruptcy filing has seen shoppers exploring alternative stores like Brooks Brothers. Brooks Brothers ships internationally all around the world with Borderfree.
- Kotn is a direct-to-consumer brand selling premium wardrobe basics for women and men including t-shirts, sweatshirts, flannel pants and socks. (Ok, Kotn is a Canadian brand, but I’m including them here anyway…) Kotn was founded in 2015 by entrepreneurs Rami Helali, Benjamin Sehl and Mackenzie Yeates. The company makes their clothing from premium Egyptian cotton and seeks to seel at an honest price. Kotn ships to a variety of countries around the world.
- Macys ships to over 200 locations with Borderfree.
- Outerknown, founded in 2015 by a former surfer, is a casual lifestyle clothing brand that promoted goods made with fair labor practices and without harmful environmental impacts. Originally focused on menswear, Outerknown launched a women’s clothing line in 2019. They sell everything from swimwear to dresses to jeans to t-shirts. Outerknown ships internationally to countries around the world.
- Sutro Footwear, based in California, offers amazing, sturdy work boots, Chelsea boots and Oxford shoes for men and a variety of cute leather boots for women. Use code modernfellows25 to receive $25 off your next order from Sutro Footwear. Sutro offers international shipping via the U.S. Post Office.
- Warby Parker is a leading innovator of affordable luxury prescription eyeglasses, and also makes blue light prescription glasses. Warby Parker ships eyeglasses internationally to Canada, and only ships contact lenses to U.S. addresses.
Even More American Men’s Clothing and Shoes Brands That Ship Globally
- Allen Edmonds is a truly iconic American shoemaker, which has been innovating since 1922. The Wisconsin-based company makes classic, Goodyear-welted dress shoes in the United States. Allen Edmonds ships internationally via Borderfree by Pitney Bowes.
- Beckett Simonon is a fantastic option for a range of dress shoes, boots and leather sneakers for men. Beckett Simonon’s shoes are definitely worth the wait. Get a 20% discount on Beckett Simonon via this link and coupon code MODERNFELLOWS.
- Black Lapel has been one of my favorite online made-to-measure tailors for a long time. Take $50 off your first custom suit from Black Lapel via this link and code FTOMODERN.
- Bonobos, now owned by Walmart, is a great 21st Century alternative to Brooks Brothers. The company specializes in chinos and preppy men’s casualwear, though they also cut an attractive suit. Customers in the United States can help perfect their fit by visiting one of Bonobos’ many guideshops. For customers outside of the United States, they ship to an eclectic group of countries including Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Peru, and Madagascar.
- Gilt began as a flash sale site way back in 2007. Founder Kevin Ryan’s company has evolved over more than 10 years and today delivers a curated selection of innovative and iconic fashion brands for women and men, including the likes of Gucci. Find out more about Gilt’s international shipping.
- Gustin makes crowsourced premium, made-in-America menswear for wholesale prices. They ship internationally and have sent clothing to more than 50 countries according to their website.
- Ledbury, based in Richmond, Virginia, is one of my absolute favorite online menswear destinations. The company does everything well, including off-the-rack blazers, pants and sweaters but where Ledbury really shines is with its button down shirts. Ledbury’s colorful business and casual shirts are simply unique. As of this writing, according to its Frequently Asked Questions, Ledbury ships internationally to Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, Singapore, Spain, The United Arab Emirates and The United Kingdom.
- RibbedTee may not have the international brand recognition as, say, Brooks Brothers, but their textured undershirts are the best, and they ship to a variety of international destinations. They are incredibly soft, a little stretchy and they stay tucked. Also, their v-neck undershirt is plenty deep to disappear under a button down shirt. RibbedTee ships to over 50 countries worldwide.
- Unsimply Stitched, headquartered in Los Angeles, California, is one of my absolute favorite makers of unique, colorful socks. You can order Unsimply Stitched at Amazon or get an international subscription to their awesome socks.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* For comfortable Athleisure clothing for women and men, try these 25 alternatives to lululemon.
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 106 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Upgrade your work-from-home wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Try these impressive digital native brands for your next Zoom shirt. (Because you need a new Zoom shirt.)
* Browse my favorite men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy unique and colorful socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom shirtmakers.