Mega-retailer Amazon has dramatically expanded its women’s clothing private labels, developing cornerstone fashion labels including Lark & Ro, Amazon Essentials, Daily Ritual and The Fix. This guide helps differentiate between Amazon’s Prime Fashion brands for women.
These and other Amazon brands feature a variety of clothing and accessories for women including sweaters, dresses, t-shirts, underwear, coats, clutches, which compete next to womenswear brands and innovative fashion startups on Amazon.com.
(You can find more information on Amazon’s clothing brands for Modern Fellows at our guide to the differences between Goodthreads, Amazon Essentials, Buttoned Down and other Amazon Prime brands for men.)
Lark & Ro and Wild Meadow are poised to compete with Ann Tailor, Boden and Modcloth
Lark & Ro features “elevated essentials” — flattering A-line, shift and wrap dresses, ponte high waist stretch pants, cardigan sweaters and midi skirts — and focuses on “timeless designs, figure-loving fits and day-to-night versatility.” The brand’s modern takes on vintage design seem geared to appeal to fans of British fashion retailer Boden, Ann Tailor, Club Monoco and Modcloth. We particularly like this long open cardigan 100% cashmere sweater, a long sleeve mini-floral wrap dress, and this amazing color-block cashmere crewneck sweater.
Wild Meadow, another Amazon brand for women, focuses on affordable, vintage-inspired, flattering fit wrap, mini, a-line, maxi and shirt dresses — check out this super-cheap long sleeve, high-cut polka dot shirt dress — and seems aimed squarely at Modcloth fans.
Daily Ritual is focused on better basics for women
Daily Ritual styles itself as affordable elevated basics. The line offers tee shirts, tank tops, leggings. jogger pants and additional items like this cool jersey scoop-neck tshirt dress for summer and a super-soft pink terry raglan sweatshirt in “luxury soft fabrics.” This particular brand seems poised to compete with basics from Everlane, the Gap and H&M.
Amazon Essentials focuses on affordable wardrobe staples for women (and men and kids)
Amazon Essentials serves as the retailer’s catch-all entry-level brand for women, men and children. For women, that means everything from t-shirts, racerback tank tops, and an extremely affordable colorful striped crewneck sweater (pictured above) to socks, sandals, chino shorts, lightweight flannel pajama sets, and even scrubs. At this price point, expect to find a lot of cotton/poly blends and synthetic materials.
Our favorites include a super-cute striped, button-down crewneck cardigan and an inexpensive and very well-reviewed packable hooded puffer.
The Fix features “eye-catching” sandals, heels, clutches and bags
Amazon brand The Fix is a line of trendy-yet-affordable shoes and handbags, pitched as “lust-worthy” pieces made from “luxe materials with thoughtful embellishments for eye-catching result.” The Fix focuses on sandals, heels and booties along with clutches, backpacks, and cross-body bags. Check out their sparkly izzi glitter envelope clutch with chain crossbody strap, the interesting allover multicolor weave of the estrella mary jane tweed ballet pointed toe flats and the sleek Kenzee ankle bootie with a kitten heel to get a feel for The Fix by Amazon.
A quick-reference guide to other Amazon clothing brands for women
While the above lines are some of the most prominent Amazon fashion brands for women, the Seattle-based retailer has been experimenting with a wide variety of labels and looks. Other Amazon clothing brands for women include:
- Cable Stitch ( for “easy to wear” sweaters), Camp Moonlight (cheap, trendy, fast-fashion tops with features like graphic prints and oversized sleeves);
- Feith and Felly stocks a selection of clutches, waist bags, satchel purses, backpacks, handbags, gym duffel bags and more for women.
- Irs & Lilly London (pretty, fit-focused lingerie constructed from high-quality fabrics);
- Lily Parker (classic and skinny jeans, overalls, denim shorts and jackets that are “comfy, cool and always up for anything”);
- Meraki (clean lines and elevated basics);
- Velvet Rope ($7 extremely-form-fitting bodycon dresses and clubwear).
Amazon has quietly played around with a variety of brands, supporting those that gain traction and retiring others that don’t. The company launched several brands that no longer appear to be sold on their site including street style brand Find, cold weather accessory brand North Eleven, and special occasion outfit line Truth & Fable.
About JakeJake is passionate about exploring entrepreneurs' global journeys. He founded Modern Fellows in 2012 to get to know the entrepreneurs behind the innovative brands helping men dress sharp in the digital age. Jake has written about entrepreneurship, international business and/or fashion for outlets including Business Week, Forbes, Inc., Details Style Syndicate and Primer Magazine, and has provided analysis on international business for BBC Radio, NBC News, CNN and Time Magazine.
Other cool stuff:* Upgrade your work-from-home wardrobe with comfortable yet professional-looking workleisure clothing made from stretchy performance fabrics.
* Try these impressive digital native brands for your next Zoom shirt. (Because you need a new Zoom shirt.)
* Find 21 Alternatives to Warby Parker that also let you try on prescription eyeglasses at home.
* The Essential List: These 78 innovative menswear startup brands will transform your wardrobe
* Get $50 off your first suit at Black Lapel, one of my favorite online custom tailors.
* Discover why these 17 innovative menswear brands are among my favorites.
* Browse my favorite men's style books.
* Discover the best places to buy unique and colorful socks online.
* Check out these gorgeous, affordable watches with numbers.
* Score $20 off your first shirt at Proper Cloth, one of my favorite online custom shirtmakers.